Tamiya Mosquito and Spitfire

shan

Thank you for the compliments Carl and Jeff. Jeff, your pics came in handy, there are a few more pipes that needs to be added. Managed to add some details on the Firewalls and will be connecting those pipes and cables to add more detail to the engines. Thanks again for the pics. if its not too much trouble and since you're restoring the mosquito, do you have pics of the flaps hinges? if its not too complicated, i may want to try and model the hinges .

Ok, Shan, I have some photos, I will try to send a few to Kev if he would be so kind as to post them on my Mosquito walk around, but for now, as far as 'hinges' are concerned, well it seems that there are no real visible hinges as it were, the flap mechanism is internal for the most part, the flaps are connected to what I would term as a torque tube inside the wing structure, and has all the controls within the wing structure itself, it appears to me and by my photo evidence that Tamiya got the trailing edge of the wing structure spot on, and the shaft that connects the flaps together ( inner flap and outer ) are  also spot on, the only thing missing may be the grease for the fitting..... I will endeavor to get the photos sent off as soon as I can, but this is an area that you can be certain, and certainly from what I see with our 1/1 Mosquito that Tamiya got this part DEAD ON !  I have photos of the trailing edge of the wing , less the flap assembly, and of the flaps disassembled from the main wing..... I will get them post soon as I can get them off to Kev. For now I hope this is of some use....

Cheers for the moment

Jeff

No worries, I will try to get them sent to Kev tomorrow, as it is getting late here now, I also have some good shots of the nacelles, and the wheel wells, and landing gear bits.... I will get on it first thing, sure am glad to be of some assistance..

cheers for the moment

Jeff

Shan, I have sent Kev another 20 photos of our Mosquito, the flaps and some of the landing gear, at this time mostly un-assembled so you can see the real details of an un-restored Mosquito, basically as it came from the factory, with few mods during it's life in civilian use....so this is how they really were, not all dolled up in today's lip stick so to speak... so keep an eye out, and hopefully Kev will post them when he gets a chance... hope they help..

cheers

Jeff

Thank you so very much Jeff, your earlier pics are already a treasure trove, i can wait to dive into your next batch. i had a look at the engines last night and i am back to the drawing board, there are loads of goodies that can be incorporated. i think i am really going to enjoy attempting those hidden details. Thank you so much for your efforts and help.

Peter - your discipline simply amazes me, i know i can build as good as yours, and your craftsmanship is surely a inspiration to reach that level. hope to see your next posts, etc. have you decided to use the Tamiya Decals? i heard they are too thick, especially for the stencilling - give the wet stencils a try, i just got mine in the post the other day, and will attempt to put the stenciling in the 2 tanks in the wheel bay so review the effects.

Shan, I just checked in with Kev, he said he will do his best to try and post the photos I sent of the flaps and landing gear bits, so with luck, if he isn't too busy, you may be able to have a look later this weekend, but I have no worries, I'm sure Kev will do his best , and post them when his time permits, as I'm sure I'm not the only guy sending in stuff that requires his attention..... its all good.... I hope they will help you.. for now

Cheers

Jeff