I have the bug to scratch build .....

Joe66

The whole concept is a build centered around the Williams Bros.1/8 scale Le Rhone 9C I just picked up. I picked the three choices based on a/c markings I like and have an interest in ( at 40"-50"+ wingspan I better like it :) ).....

Edited by Joe66

Well, as of right now, and based on some research.... I am leaning toward the Type N. As much as I like the Spad A2, I think I want to build that in 1/32 scale, and as much as I like those markings on the Parasol, that is post-war revolution...

The spinner-less Type N that I have shown would allow a better view of the Le Rhone, and there is some really nice wood work under the skin, so if I go that route, it would be built with full interior and structure detail and without covering....

Any other opinions or "votes" ?

In the meantime, I have a 1/32 Macchi M5 to finish.....

Joe

MS Type N in 1/8 scale. Model size will be approx 40" wingspan and 28.5" length..... It will be built as a static display model, with wood, brass, aluminum, plastic and anything else I lay my hands on that suits my needs...LOL ! - NO, it won't include a kitchen sink !

I hope to start construction by the end of June. I am currently awaiting some additional reference materials, planning the build and scouting potential materials needed.

This should be a whole lot of fun ! :)

Joe

I'm looking forward to that, Joe

Perhaps I should ask for help deciding what my next project will be

Richard

That's easy - follow your passion !

Your Type L Parasol is a real beauty.... how about a 1/32 scale Halberstadt D.II ?

Joe

Guest Peterpools

Joe

Going to be an amazing project;

Good luck and I'll be following all the way.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

Oh yeah ! ....I'm gonna enjoy the process as much as the finished model.... some potential reference material...

IMG_0915_zpsywpkhfb1.jpg

IMG_0415_zpsmorfpqmc.jpg

Edited by Joe66

That's easy - follow your passion !

Your Type L Parasol is a real beauty.... how about a 1/32 scale Halberstadt D.II ?

Joe

The next project was very nearly a Voisin Icare until I worked out how big it would be

Voisin_aero-yacht.jpg

Richard

Edited by RLWP

That would be a VERY interesting build ! .... Someday I would like to build some of those oddball looking pre-WWI deathtraps !

In the meantime.....My projects are going to be delayed, as an associate of mine and I have just secured a 3700 sq ft building for a new venture. The space will be multi purpose, with one area dedicated to being a "Maker Space" ....with a several 3d printers ( both FDM and Resin, a CNC cutting station, a low power laser cutter and some other equipment. A couple of office rooms, a break room, bathroom, and over 1000 sq ft for my metal casting ( both centrifugal and investment casting types ) equipment, my resin and mold making area, paint booth, and of course my own model making area !

We have just gotten the keys and will be moving in and setting up over the next few weeks ! We have some build out to do before things really get moving, but this is going to be awesome ! Once we have it up and running, I welcome anyone who wants to come by !

IMG_0419_zpsxkma8uzw.jpg

Joe

Edited by Joe66