• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 jozef

jozef

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

Ouch! Man,kick a guy when he's down why dontcha? While I'm down here though,I did notice that the floor needs swept,and I found that missing part that I was looking for.

J

I am pretty sure you will not stay down, Jerry. Not a man like you. At any rate, the part needs to be glued in place.

Best

Jozef

#17 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,492 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

Scott
Thanks for the link. Sure look slike a bonanza of excellent kits coming our way.
Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

#18 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Great link, I did notice they mention any European Theatre Mustang can be built from the kit, so maybe a Pacific Theatre version is in the pipeline...?

#19 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,672 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Great link, I did notice they mention any European Theatre Mustang can be built from the kit, so maybe a Pacific Theatre version is in the pipeline...?

I don't know anything about the little idiosyncrasy within the P-51D production variants. There are noticeable difference between a European Theater and Pacific Theater Mustang D's?

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#20 M. Scott Borden

M. Scott Borden

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

You're welcome, everyone.

Frankly, I would have been tickled if Tamiya had just simply enlarged their 1/48 P-51D to 1/32. Now I'm just :yahoo:!

I wonder what Hasegawa plans to do?

Scott

#21 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

I don't know anything about the little idiosyncrasy within the P-51D production variants. There are noticeable difference between a European Theater and Pacific Theater Mustang D's?

The VLR (Very Long Range) modified P-51Ds had a different radio antenna setup, and usually carried 175 gallon drop tanks on modified pylons. I'm sure if Tamiya doesn't do that version (which I doubt they will, but we'll see), someone will come out with the required bits in resin. I think Roy Sutherland would be a natural, don't you? :)

J

"It's all part of the show..."

#22 jozef

jozef

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

I am pretty sure Tamiya would not miss this train and will bring the VLR in the future. They brought three Spit variants so far, I cannot see a reason why not do the same thing with Mustang, after all with a very little investment.
But in the meantime some aftermarketer may make some money on a conversion, some people simply cannot wait :D

Jozef

#23 Dave J

Dave J

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

I am pretty sure Tamiya would not miss this train and will bring the VLR in the future. They brought three Spit variants so far, I cannot see a reason why not do the same thing with Mustang, after all with a very little investment.
But in the meantime some aftermarketer may make some money on a conversion, some people simply cannot wait :D

Jozef

I'm planing to do a VLR Mustang with my first one that I build. The extra parts required to do VLR should be easily to scratch build... The is a handy thread over on ARC about these P-51.

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

#24 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Having looked at the sprues (admittedly from afar, not in person), I don't see any indication that they're planning a VLR version. You'd think there would be dimples on the inside of the upper fuselage and lower wing for the antenna locations. Regardless of that, I'm going out on a limb to say it's a very good possibility a well known resin manufacturer will be on this in short order.

J

"It's all part of the show..."

#25 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,492 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

The more I see, the more i can't wait to have a few of the 'Stangs' on the work bench. Awesome kit!

Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users