F-35 Lightning II - another one !

Nic C.D.

Like Koralik, I have a finished - after a long time working on it - Italeri's F-35A. Having also built Italeri's F-104 and Mirage IIIC, I can say that this is the best large scale plane by the brand. Except for a big gap that needs to be filled where the wings join the fuselage, it's pretty good.

Some detail was added in the cockpit, the weapons and the landing gear bay as well as a little on the top fuselage. 

I think it is great to have this 1/32 scale F-35A available. The only thing that you really need for this kit, is a lot of patience to mask the entire kit. And miles of tape (well, that's maybe a little exaggerated, but it feels like it).

Here's a photo of it:

540.jpg

The boarding ladder door was a bit rough in the kit, so I scratched a new one and the canopy framing (which is not very clean) was rebuilt, detailing it with rivets I made with my good old punch and die set. For those who are interested, there is a built report on TMN - http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/02/build-guide-italeris-132-f-35-part-iii.html#more

At the moment, I'm back at working on my Wyvern, but I'm also working on yet another Bf-109... My ninth... (I know, not very exotic).

I hope you like this Lightning II

Nic

PS. Koralik: Congratulations on your great built, it kinda feels like we're brothers now!