Fw190 D-9 | 1/12th scale scratch build replica

Another incredible panel. 

at least from your description of dinner, I can cook as good as you. :beer4:

Joel 

One day you´ll have to proof it!  :evil_laugh:

Holy moly! This is amazing. Perhaps I should start drinking beer... What brand is your favourite? I'll order some of that stuff, just to see, if I can achieve the same level of perfection.

Cheers

Rainer

I love Bayrisch Nizza from Hanscraft & Co http://hc-co.de/de/ and Simco 3 http://www.riegele-biermanufaktur.de/simco-3/

Prost! :beer:

Hi,

cut or actually broke the finger strap from litho and embossed the rivet pattern with a dull needle:

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_115_zpsbeyqlv

I glued the strap to the upper edge of the shell with epoxy:

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_116_zpsbhuush

For Rainer: at the moment I enjoy a Noctus 100: http://www.riegele-biermanufaktur.de/noctus-100/ :beer:

Bye!

Edited by 109

Hi Bernd,

I've been following along on this build for quite some time and like many of the other builds here your skills are absolutely amazing. I'm particularly impressed by the neatness of your build, even from the very first MDF frames you made. Incidentally, how did you cut them out? Was it by hand? The finish and crispness of those profiles rivals what my laser cutter can do!

This certainly promises to be a gem when finished, I wish you luck with the build :)

Craig

Edited by brahman104

Hi,

long weekend in Germany due to a public holiday... so let´s work on the Dora!

There are two distinct profiles to be found on the side shells, (i) a Z-shaped stiffener and (ii) a U-shaped profile that runs along the top edges of the side consoles of the cokpit tub. The U-prfile runs across the finger strap at frame 4, so this has be be bend, too. I made some tests on how to bend and shape these profiles:

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_117_zpshovo01

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_118_zpssxnzyy

Bye,

Bernd.

Hi Bernd,

I've been following along on this build for quite some time and like many of the other builds here your skills are absolutely amazing. I'm particularly impressed by the neatness of your build, even from the very first MDF frames you made. Incidentally, how did you cut them out? Was it by hand? The finish and crispness of those profiles rivals what my laser cutter can do!

This certainly promises to be a gem when finished, I wish you luck with the build :)

Craig

Hi Craig,

thanks for your response. I use a semi-transparent paper to copy the frame. I mount this paper onto the MDF with 3M display Mount spray glue. Next I cut the MDF on my Proxxon saw, I leave a 1 mm or so be be sanded away on my Proxxon disc sander. I always use right angles to adjust all machine settings and to glue all parts in place with UHU Hart, sometimes 5min-epoxy. That´s it actually!

Talk to you soon,

Bernd.

Edited by 109

Ok, I bent the U-profile and added the cross junction: I cut a stripe from lithe of the same width as the strap and laid it down on a steel plate, fixed it in place with tape. Shaped the profile with a thin steel strap and  hammered it down till it fits nicely.

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_119_zpsbqrcqq

Dry fitting:

Center-fuselage_D9_Willmer_120_zps9pin0r

Hello Bernd!

I love this build of yours!

But I saw something now that you need to correct before it's to late...

The hole for the handgrip should not be as big as the hole for the footstep! 

Best wishes,

Micke D

"Dora freak"