1/32 Hasegawa/Dragon Mustang

Ironwing

Hey brother,

I looked at your masterpiece again and was amazed again but now I know what you meant about the sit of the open caanopy not being low enough. The problem is the Squadron canopy. It is flat on the bottom edge and constant all the way to the rear of the canopy. The Hasegawa fuselage is wrong in this respect as well and that is why they had to make that canopy that way. So it would fit. The real bird has a angle up on the trailing bottom edge of the canopy and a corresponding angle up on both sides of the turtle deck. This gives a cut out in the canopies trailing edge and allows it to sit lower on the fuselage spine. Hope I'm not being as clear as mud. The Dragon kit actually got this correct.

Good talking to you today. Hope we can see the real thing this weekend!

JR

Rocky,

Thanks for looking in...glad you like.

Mike M,

Please avoid such long rambling posts :lol: but glad you like.

JR,

Your absolutely right about the aft end of the canopy...I agree, hope to see some real ones this weekend.

Best

Geoff

• 1 year later...
Jim, Doc, et all,

In any event, Work continues with the manuscript and trying to generate a coherent document that anyone can use.Im hoping to, rather than use a cd format, use a spiral bound notebook that can be easily transported to anyplace needed. I hope I can get it done. There is a great deal of information, photos and NAA technical stuff that needs to be integrated into it. While I havent asked him yet, Im going to ask Carles Neely if I can incorporate his drawings into the publication.

Again I thank you. You are all as much a pleasure as is building Mustangs.

Hope everyone is well...

Best, Geoff

Please include me as one who wants one of the copies of the manuscript. Best Wishes. Doc A

Please include me as one who wants one of the copies of the manuscript. Best Wishes. Doc A

Doc,

Im shocked you were able to find this thread :(. Havent seen this pup in a long time. Ill be sure to save you a copy.

Check out my 1/24th Mustang build. You might like it more the the 1/32 build.

Hope all is well...

Best,

Geoff

Doc,

Im shocked you were able to find this thread :lol:. Havent seen this pup in a long time. Ill be sure to save you a copy.

Check out my 1/24th Mustang build. You might like it more the the 1/32 build.

Hope all is well...

Best,

Geoff

Both of these builds are fantastic. Yes I loved the 24th Mustang. I can't wait for the manuscript to be turned into the printed product!!!!

Best Wishes and again - fantastic work

Hey Geoff!

Congratulations on a job well done! What a beautiful Mustang! Thanks for taking the time to share your construction with us. I learned a lot, and gained even more inspiration! Thank you!

Way back, you mentioned some brass fittings you used on the main gear struts..I believe you said they are from Jay at Master Casters? Could I trouble you for some more info? I didn't come across them on the Master Casters website-

Again, superb job. I'm speechless-

Regards,

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hello Geoff, The Mustang looks Fantastic! :goodjob: :speak_cool:

I was wanting to find a Machinist deburring tool like the one you used on page one of this build!

Can you give me any more information about that tool you used? I'm having a hard time finding one like yours! :BANGHEAD2:

Or even a bigger picture of yours may help....and I thank you for any help on this!

Edited by Phantastic

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Fellas

I just found this old thread and the comments of late. I apologize for my lack of response. Ive been off in the weeds recouping...again. Dont ever get old is all Ill say. Now that I look in retrospect, this thing sorta looks pretty but in reality...its pretty awful from several different standpoints...shape being the worst. We soldier on  :)

Lets get back to work...hope everyone is well

Best

Geoff

Maru

Im sorry to hear of your Bronchitis. Please, take care of it. It can rapidly spiral into somethingmuch worse. I speak from experience...trust me

Edited by Ironwing

• 5 years later...

Sir,

I’m a new member and I have been reading your work in progress. Great job on “fixing “ the HASEGAWA Mustang. I am building my own 1/32 HASEGAWA Mustang adding the Tamiya cockpit to improve the office. My question is regarding the fix to the HASEGAWA canopy frame. I like how you added the vac canopy over the canopy frame. What glue did you use to secure it? I would like to try your fix and would appreciate any suggestions. 

Jim