German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words and encouragements !

I do feel the pressure now... which is good, I like it :speak_cool:

@ Mattlow: yes, I will SB the DB 603 engines ...

@ Vaughn, Karl, Hubert & Maru5137: thanks buddies, much appréciated

@ Phil: John's (Tigger) kits are indeed very good. He uses thick sheets to pull them and the results is great. The only price to pay is a loss in surface detailling but with vac kit, one should not expect much anyway.

@ Derek: I have no idea what this dark is is all about, I am jus interested in building something "special" and this not quite common I think. You are so right about Kev, he is on an amazing learning curve I think :clap2: .

I only have very little time left during the week so do not expect too much progress before next weekend guys but I am working on the documentation to figure the rear engine bay installement.

As soon as I have something interesting to share, I will let you know ;)

By the way, would anybody have a 1/48 th scale kit, I would be interested in pics of the kit :help:

(don't worry, I blame Kev for everything anyway!:lol:; the way he's going on, it won't be long before he will be scratchbuilding himself pretty soon I guess?).

You are so right about Kev, he is on an amazing learning curve I think :clap2: .

Hey, I got nothing on you guys. But thanks for the vote of confidence!

Loic, is this done yet?

:coolio:

Kev

By the way, would anybody have a 1/48 th scale kit, I would be interested in pics of the kit :help:

Loic, I've got a built model of the two seater version of the Monogram kit that I can photograph if that helps. Also have the instruction sheet and a sheet of diorama tips and photos for the kit done by Shep Paine.

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words.

@ Richard: 1/24th lanc , that sounds absolutly carzy, I love the idea !

@ jong: any help would be welcome indeed. woud you mind shooting a few pix for me? That Shep Payne stuff sounds very interesting indeed. Any idea how we could proceed for teh sharing?

@ Brian & Mike: so Dragon will issue their Do 335 just after mine is done? If so, fine by me but you guys must get prepared to wait for a while before you get yours I am affraid :D Seriously, I have heard that story before and I am still waiting for the Tempest or Kate to show up ;) This said, the Dragon Do 335 has better chance to see life assuming it is already annouced but still...

Well, against all prediction, I find some spare time to work on the internal, mainly structure, airduct and radiator. So get prepared for an update (this weekend probably).

Thanks for following !

Edited by Loic

Hello guys,

here is a quick update on the work done this week. I mainly worked on the rear part of the fuselage indeed.

First, I did cut out the panels for the cooling duct exaust:

DSC05425.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

DSC05427.jpg

Edited by Loic

... the rear most part was not a piece of cake due to very little possibilities to get any reference line to help/guide and due to rather complex shape. Nothing undoable here but to get it right, one must pay a lot of attention.

Then, I worked on the air duct it self. I decides to build it in 3 pieces to help painting:

- "lower" duct

- radiator

- "upper" duct

One should notice that there are actually 2 ducts: one going through the main radiator and exiting bellow the rear spinner, the other one (smaller)exiting in the belly area ala P-51 somehow.

So, the "lower" duct includes this secondary duct:

DSC05437.jpg

Then, the radiator:

DSC05438.jpg

I will had a piece of mesh to simulate the grids.

And finally, the "upper" duct:

DSC05439.jpg

the rear end does includes the lower part of the fin and from the vast quantity of styren pieces there, one can tell it was not a bed of roses to fit :BANGHEAD2:

This is the complete duct assembly:

DSC05434.jpg

DSC05435.jpg

DSC05436.jpg

From what I can see so far Loic, This is going to be another stunning creation from you. :speak_cool: Great work on the complex radiators and duct work. Ill be following this one along. Oh and About that "Dragon" 335...Id be willing to bet it wont be half as detailed as what youre building. Keep up the great work.

Paul

Excellent progress. Glad to see you've got the Arthur Bentley drawings. They're essential to do this vac in my opinion.

How are you for other detail references? If you have any specific needs, do drop me a PM and I'll see what I have.

Matt

Thanks guys ;)

@ Matt: those drawings are worth every euro I spent for them.

Any one trying to build this vac kit without these drawings has to be either over talented or completly dumb me think...

This is what it looks like when fitted in the fuselage:

DSC05428.jpg

With the internal structure on:

DSC05432.jpg

Edited by Loic

and the rear view... still needs some adjustment and touch up for sure :D

DSC05429.jpg

DSC05430.jpg

DSC05431.jpg

Not perfect but so far, I am only aiming to have the main assemblies done. No detailling and no "useless" stuff for now... that will come later ;)

Edited by Loic