1/32 Ju-88 Vacuform Kit

Guest UMIRESIN

Please do the humane thing and shoot this thread in the head.

There's no need to agonise over throwaway pulled coffee cup technology in the light of the RoG Ju 88s together with a *horde* of aftermarket options

Tony

The blast from the past has been interesting for me and a good way to remember the man. I learned a lot about scratch building, working off of drawings and references doing this kit. The kit will not go together and stay together without planning and thought. I like that in a kit. We just completed a "Jurassic" kit build. I enjoy messing with these old kits too. They are cheap and one can scratch or buy and adapt aftermarket.

Rick

Well I do find a bit of hobby interest can still  lurk in kit released Vac plastic. The Ju-88 is still a valid Vac. subject as has been mentioned as a lightweight base plane Mistel. With a detonator nose, saves all the canopy hassle. Good set of gear and good paint job could be the deal. I am in a similar Vac boat with two old buys. The Combat Models He-219 Uhu (which I had made my own Vac. Canopy) and Do-335. Still got 'em here, can't toss em. Figure they could get a quick build and be good as gearless, and hung high on ceiling. Wouldn't have to worry about stress test on the fishing line...

Edited by phasephantomphixer

Rick,

If you end up with any extra parts, let me know

How are you planning to handle the "small nacelle" issue?

Cheers, Ian

I will make the propeller spinners smaller diameter and fake the rest. The wheelslook a bit too large to fit but I will get over it.

Rick