Do you want Revell to release a new tool 1/32 P-51B??

alaninaustria

Furthermore, why not a Revell DC-3? They could probably get a goodly number of sales if they include the old airlines decals sets. Eastern Airlines and  American Airlines come to mind.  DC-3 airliners were used in many countries after WW2. I can see aftermarket decal  manufacturers producing decal sets like crazy for the Gooney Bird.  There could even be aftermarket resin sets to convert it to the Japanese version.  That would go nice alongside their Val and Kate - hint hint.  :punk:

Got this response from Revell for a new tool 1/32 P-51b. I'm not sure if it's a no go or maybe just much later.

"Dear Joseph,

many thanks for your mail and the interesting suggestion for a P-51 B version. But before

we are talking about other versions let's do the basic product first, this is much more important for us actually. Everything else later.

All the best regards

Revell GmbH Germany"

Got this response from Revell for a new tool 1/32 P-51b. I'm not sure if it's a no go or maybe just much later.

"Dear Joseph,

many thanks for your mail and the interesting suggestion for a P-51 B version. But before

we are talking about other versions let's do the basic product first, this is much more important for us actually. Everything else later.

All the best regards

Revell GmbH Germany"

That sums up Revell, they see the Mustang D as the basic product, the one that will get sales.

Going on what they did with the Bf 109 (G-6 to G-10)  & Ju 88 (A-1 to A-4) kits, will Revell just tweak the kit & release another, later block number D Mustang? Or will they make the substantial changes needed to get the B from the D?

I feel that they look to make minimal changes to get new boxings from existing new moulds, trying to get the most revenue from the moulds?

Furthermore, why not a Revell DC-3? They could probably get a goodly number of sales if they include the old airlines decals sets. Eastern Airlines and  American Airlines come to mind.  DC-3 airliners were used in many countries after WW2. I can see aftermarket decal  manufacturers producing decal sets like crazy for the Gooney Bird.  There could even be aftermarket resin sets to convert it to the Japanese version.  That would go nice alongside their Val and Kate - hint hint.  :punk:

Another factor in favor of a DC-3 kit. A goodly amount of plastic model kits are purchased by relatives for young people as presents all year long. Nowadays a lot of these adult buyers are getting fed up with all the military models and toys. Seeing a kit of a colorful airliner dressed in American Airlines and Eastern Airlines livery may induce them to purchase the DC-3 for the child. No more war toys. :fight:

I have no real interest in the Revell P-51D, but since there is not really a good B,C model in existence I would be quite happy to see them do a B.  If and when I build another P-51D I would not build anything in existence other than the Tamiya kit.  I have built two, know how it goes and would just get another of those.  But that is just me, I have nothing against the Revell D, I just would not build one myself.

"Dear Joseph,

All the best regards

Revell GmbH Germany"

Standard procedure for the most part. See how the D sells first.

The -10 will be next with a new tail section and maybe another prop.

The program to cut B molds wouldn't require a lot of changes.

:thumbsup: :popcorn:

I completely agree Kagemusha.

It's a post about a P-51B. Not a DC -3 or whining about what can and should be produced in 1:32 scale by any manufacturer but a discussion in order of public opinion about asking for a simple P-51B/C from our LSP forum.

There are pages & pages of "what is Tamiya doing next", oh my,I think they're doing another Bf-109! I dont care. I'll buy it if I want to. A conversation about a P-51B is what is seriously missing in our 1:32 scale. There's 25 pages on the P-51D without a fillet fairing a few posts down. Please start your D.C.-3 or Me 323 or Ju-52 on a separate post. I simply want to chat about an early P-51B/C. THX.

Carry on. Wow the DOW is at 23,000! Oops, Don't mind me.