Decal Jig?

HobbyZoneUSA

When I assembled the Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9, I was impressed with the engineering of the wing/fuselage join such that the model didn't need to sit in the HobbyZone USA PS01 Aircraft Jig. After painting was finished and the decal process started, that's when I ran into problems - the constant maneuvering of the model to apply decals was going to damage the landing gear. The solution? Remove one arm of the PS01 and use the remaining jig to cradle the model while I rotate it around to apply decals! No landing gear were harmed in the application of these decals!

dora2.jpg

EDIT:

In looking at your jig at length, I have a question. 

What about the situation where the model aircraft is one of those plastic kits without locating pins or tabs.

The problem I have is the horizontal tail-planes need to be kept in alignment for the assembly and the curing of the adhesive while both ends of the fuselage are supported.

How does your jig address that problem?

Edited by Gigant

In your example, you'd tape or rubber band the nose into the front cradle, lock your wingtips into the wing jigs using the magnetic clamps, allowing the tail to sit out in space. The tailplane cradle can then be adjusted to hold both of your horizontal stabs in position whilst the glue cures.

Hi where can I purchase one of these plz in the U.K. and do they hold upto 1/24 scale aircraft

The dimensions for the PS01 are on our website so you can gauge whether it will hold a given model. I've had everything from a 1/72 P2V-7 Neptune to a 1/28 T-34 Mentor in it, including the 1/32 F-35A and Fw 190D-9, but the 1/48 Ju 52 had too great a wingspan for the jig. The short answer to your 1/24th question is: it depends on the dimensions of your model.

As for availability outside the US, at present no. These are currently made exclusively for HobbyZone USA and we don't ship outside North America (sorry). At some point, HobbyZone.pl may offer these globally, but I have no idea when that might happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid you need one of these:

3Ic1ed.jpg

11947873_1683170331912433_85098164903223fuJZiL.jpg

OK. So what is this and where do we find one to buy?

Just showing us this jig without telling what it is is just like a child taunting "I got something you don't have." :BANGHEAD2:

:punk:

The dimensions for the PS01 are on our website so you can gauge whether it will hold a given model. I've had everything from a 1/72 P2V-7 Neptune to a 1/28 T-34 Mentor in it, including the 1/32 F-35A and Fw 190D-9, but the 1/48 Ju 52 had too great a wingspan for the jig. The short answer to your 1/24th question is: it depends on the dimensions of your model.

As for availability outside the US, at present no. These are currently made exclusively for HobbyZone USA and we don't ship outside North America (sorry). At some point, HobbyZone.pl may offer these globally, but I have no idea when that might happen.

May I ask why not?

May I ask why not?

Hi Gerhard, when we first released the PS01, we did receive a great deal of international interest, but for whatever reason, the cost of shipping is high, and when passing that information along, everyone agreed and we have not sold a single jig outside of the US for that reason. That said, we do sell these through our eBay store and they have a (relatively) lower cost shipping option which has seen a few PS01s go to New Zealand, Germany, and elsewhere. For HobbyZone USA, the cost of postage to the eBay shipping hub is minimal, so that might be an option.

Edited by HobbyZoneUSA