KittyHawks OV-10A Bronco

Radders

With the Bf-109H boxed up for a bit, I'm replacing it with this beauty. The main reason is, I have a small fire bomber club, known as a IPMS 'SIG' (Special Interest Group) and I really need to get building some more stuff for it... most of it is 1/72nd scale, but the odd subject, like this will be 1/32nd scale. Along with my Vacform Tracker when it gets done and some choppers....

Used as a leader plane and a ' aerial plane spotter ' for other fire bomber aircraft, the Bronco plays a very helpful part in fighting fires. Currently, there should be 12 Broncos flying for CDF (Cal Fire) that I know of, but living in the UK and not having a current list online that may have changed. (I use photo databases, but they don't show the status of the aircraft).

Some of the Broncos have been upgraded to 4, and also 5 bladed props and I want to convert mine from 3 to either 4 or 5. I plan on making a master prop and spinner and then getting them cast... probably from CMK!

I'm sure we've all seen the plastic in reviews so I won't bore you with it, but the boxart for the time being while I get down to some modelling.. and a photo of the said aircraft I'm building.

img_0341.jpg

042b1aa7f2a9a2c5652520d4b50e43822.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

With the Bf-109H boxed up for a bit, I'm replacing it with this beauty. The main reason is, I have a small fire bomber club, known as a IPMS 'SIG' (Special Interest Group) and I really need to get building some more stuff for it... most of it is 1/72nd scale, but the odd subject, like this will be 1/32nd scale. Along with my Vacform Tracker when it gets done and some choppers....

Used as a leader plane and a ' aerial plane spotter ' for other fire bomber aircraft, the Bronco plays a very helpful part in fighting fires. Currently, there should be 12 Broncos flying for CDF (Cal Fire) that I know of, but living in the UK and not having a current list online that may have changed. (I use photo databases, but they don't show the status of the aircraft).

Some of the Broncos have been upgraded to 4, and also 5 bladed props and I want to convert mine from 3 to either 4 or 5. I plan on making a master prop and spinner and then getting them cast... probably from CMK!

I'm sure we've all seen the plastic in reviews so I won't bore you with it, but the boxart for the time being while I get down to some modelling.. and a photo of the said aircraft I'm building.

Thanks for looking in!

I have already made the four prop and spinner. The five prop set would be nice to do too.

NzScOq.jpg

fYXnFQ.jpg

Edited by Harold

If you need any tips on assembly please let me know!  After building two of these beauties, and at some point, a 3rd for myself, I found some pitfalls, but nothing the average modeler cant overcome, and certainly nothing beyond your skills! 

IMHO, its a fun build, but KHM has certainly done some questionable things, and put some seriously stupid engineering in some parts. Fortunately nothing that cant be overcome with some normal modeling skills, but it at least they are learning, and have since lessened the amount of stupid engineering gaffs they put in their kits.

• 2 weeks later...

I have already made the four prop and spinner. The five prop set would be nice to do too.

NzScOq.jpg

fYXnFQ.jpg

I would like both the 4 and 5 bladed units but I can not find the product listing for either one. Please advise. 

Thanks ahead of time.

Jager