Boeing P-26 Peashooter..

williamj

Had a Yellow Wing personal group build a while back,was going to finish a P-26 but made a rookie mistake and cocked up the paint,(spider-cracks ,don't ya hate em?)..shelved it and went on to build an F4-B4

Mike Maben had encouraged me to finish the Peashooter sometime so I took it to heart and did just that.Had some left over Starfighter decals so we stripped the old paint and dove in.

This one's for you Mike..and thanks for following.   Now I have builders block and stymied as to what comes next.

This is a pic as we just finished it at the bench.

2vTmwB.jpg

34XBT8.jpg

TzZ1IU.jpg

G9OrRx.jpg

FVd3jq.jpg

Y5bV6I.jpg

fghC3r.jpg

UTn6kP.jpg

Edited by williamj

One of the things I like about all of your models so much is how masterful the paint job is.  Precise, smooth, perfect- and the model is pretty cool too!

What paint and airbrush do you use?

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks for that Chuck,I always feel like it could have been better :doh: ..this time we decanted Tamiya's spray US olive drab and camel yellow,thinned slightly with a quality Laq.the red was good old Testors MM insignia red thinned with mineral spirits.

All shot through an Iwata HB-C+ @ about 18 PSI.which drops to about 13 to 15 when the jet is running. I happen to like this airbrush so much have two of them,as well as one Micron,which I've hardly ever used..doesn't hold a lot of paint.

Cheers my friend.

Edited by williamj

Looks amazing. As for what is next... which Yellow Wings kit isn't in the collection? Maybe some air racers of the 30's to match the time period? Williams Brothers or more on the expensive side... the Aerotech Schneider racing planes?

Have fun,

Tnarg