Rocket Projectiles for the Mosquito

Brad-M

Brad, yes I think what you are saying is how I visualized it too. A PE top face and a PE bottom face with plastic card in the middle sanded to shape to bring it all together...

However if Terry is reading this he may be able to chime in and confirm

Cheers

Anthony

With any luck Bob at MDC will be releasing 1/32 Mossie rocket rail mounting stubs, possibly with either Mk 1 or Mk III rails. How do I know this? I sent him the patterns to produce them a while ago.

We discussed including the 100 gallon tank guard rail which in reality is made of tubes so any etched brass item will just be wrong as it will be flat in section. 100 gallon tanks and 8 x 25lb A.P. rockets where also discussed however  I think he just got too busy.

Edited by Dave T Brown

rp3-5.jpg

I'm going to be REALLY picky.......

Something I have noticed on a lot of models of the 60 lb version of these rockets, the profile of the rear of the warhead, where it thins back down to the diameter of the rocket tube, is frequently just a bit too, um, severe...  Look at these pics, and you will see the fillet radii are too tight on the models, making the rear end of the warhead look too truncated. 

Hey, maybe I am being a little bit OCD about my rockets......  But the ordnance these aircraft carry is ultimately their reason to be, And I reckon rockets and missiles and things often get shortchanged in the modelling world.

Call me weird.

Tim