Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

I'll bet if it is legitimate, what you'll get is the 1/48 scale F4U-1D and not the new 1/32 even though that's what's advertised.  I'm not biting as I think it's a scam too.  You'll get your money back from PayPal (if you used it) but the scam goes merrily on.  

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

The old caution may not always end up being justified, but I ain't betting against it.

It doesn't snound good at all, the first five looked like mistakes.

The next bunches were all at varying bid amounts, but with the listed shipping amount every one of them was over $200.

I bought from Tokyo Hobby, $90 plus $25 shipping.

Reading thru the ad, it says to allow up to 20 days to ship the order and then delivery could take 2-5 weeks.

It also says that if you receive the wing item, they will issue a refund only after receiving the wrong item back. I hope they're not planning to do a bait and switch. "Oops, we sent the 1/48 kit and not the 1/32 one. Just get it back to us and we'll send you the right one."

Sounds too dodgy to me.

Carl

Reading thru the ad, it says to allow up to 20 days to ship the order and then delivery could take 2-5 weeks.

It also says that if you receive the wing item, they will issue a refund only after receiving the wrong item back. I hope they're not planning to do a bait and switch. "Oops, we sent the 1/48 kit and not the 1/32 one. Just get it back to us and we'll send you the right one."

Sounds too dodgy to me.

Carl

There is a time-limit on submitting a claim, all though I don't recall now. It is 30 or 45 days from the end of an auction.

Edit - just read the post again, that is outside the time you can get a refund.

Edited by ScoobyDoo

I'm looking at the other Corsairs this guy is selling with high shipping costs.

Read over his Ebay posts carefully.  The seller comes across as someone who is not very good with Latin characters and arabic numerals.

He may well be legit but did not ask for the correct shipping fees in the earlier ads due to not really being familiar with our "crazy" words and numbers...God knows I'd be worthless trying to create an Ebay auction in Chinese characters...

I'm curious to see how this one plays out.

I'm looking at the other Corsairs this guy is selling with high shipping costs.

Read over his Ebay posts carefully.  The seller comes across as someone who is not very good with Latin characters and arabic numerals.

He may well be legit but did not ask for the correct shipping fees in the earlier ads due to not really being familiar with our "crazy" words and numbers...God knows I'd be worthless trying to create an Ebay auction in Chinese characters...

I'm curious to see how this one plays out.

What country doesn't use Arabic numerals?

What country doesn't use Arabic numerals?

I had to look it up myself

Ar·a·bic nu·mer·al
noun
plural noun: Arabic numerals
  1. any of the numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Arabic numerals reached western Europe through Arabia, replacing Roman numerals, by about AD 1200, but probably originated in India.
Edited by 1to1scale

I had to look it up myself

Ar·a·bic nu·mer·al
noun
plural noun: Arabic numerals
  1. any of the numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Arabic numerals reached western Europe through Arabia, replacing Roman numerals, by about AD 1200, but probably originated in India.

They look a bit different than we are used

https://seasonsali.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/arabic_numbers.jpg