Would you Buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

LSP_Kevin

HpH Kingfisher Catapult  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a HpH Kingfisher Catapult?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I completed the LSM 1/48 P-6 catapult and went all out on the Monogram Kingfisher via everything Meteor had for that kit, i.e., floats, cockpit, engine and engine cowl. I cannot imagine how much a 1/32nd P-6 would weigh if in resin and brass, nor a place to park it. Like I said earlier, a representation of the P-6 cat turntable and that section of the launch deck would be a purchase I could afford on a retirement pension. 

I am willing to wait "IF" LSM says that project is being produced, as (in my mind) that would be the only way to display my Kingfisher.

The HpH  Arado 1/32 catapult was well priced at £45. I guess Lone Star are just upscaling thier 1/48 P6. Much as I admire Lone Star's work, I'd rather HpH do it. Just a personal opinion of course.

Edited by Dave the Cardbord Box

Guest Vulcan32

Absolutely not - way too expensive, especially considering that KH have worked hard to keep the Kingfisher kit cost low.

An expensive, resin catapult would not engender much interest when mated to an IP Kingfisher kit - I'm not sure HpH sold many Ar 196 catapults? 

One of their bestsellers - 650 kits sold. 

One of their bestsellers - 650 kits sold. 

Is that right?! Bloody hell, I'm staggered that a £55 after-market item was bought in such large numbers for a £20 kit.

I suppose it helped make up the drop in sale when Revell's Ar196 turned up at a fraction of the HpH kit?

Is that right?! Bloody hell, I'm staggered that a £55 after-market item was bought in such large numbers for a £20 kit.

I suppose it helped make up the drop in sale when Revell's Ar196 turned up at a fraction of the HpH kit?

If one can buy the Revell kit for relative peanuts, then there is unspent money in the budget for the expensive catapult kit. 

They would make a good match.

I'd like to see kits of the 1930's American or Japanese biplane naval observation planes* with their catapult kits. The bipes were used in WW2 by both sides and if a company like Revell or Hasegawa would produce the plane & catapult pairs they would be much more affordable. 

If, if, if.

Well I can dream can't I?

Stephen

P.S. In the words of that great Idaho philosopher and pig farmer, Shtoosh Finkelfarber,

"If pigs had wings they would fly, and we would all be carrying heavy duty umbrellas wherever we went." :DodgeBall:

*The Japanese flew their biplane Nakajima E8N "Dave" & the Mitsubishi F1M "Pete" and the US Navy had the Curtis SOC Seagull (used on the cruisers). The US Navy even experimented with catapults on destroyers during the war. 

Edited by ssculptor

Agreed, no is strange option to have. It is a little meaningless in my opinion.

I have no issue with the "no" option; it makes sense that people may not want the catapult even if they have the plane. But voting when you don't even plan on buying the plane makes little sense. Why would you need the catapult if you have no plane to mount on it? Do we have modelers here only interested in building launch platforms?

I have no issue with the "no" option; it makes sense that people may not want the catapult even if they have the plane. But voting when you don't even plan on buying the plane makes little sense. Why would you need the catapult if you have no plane to mount on it? Do we have modelers here only interested in building launch platforms?

I see it the other way around; since I probably will never get the Kingfisher, I'd certainly have no need for the catapult, so my answer is a big resounding no, I won't buy one of the catapults for it.

Had the question been asked "Would you buy a HpH Kingfisher catapult, assuming you have or intend to buy the KH Kingfisher", I would simply not have voted.

The Vought float would be a great addition to the options for this kit. More yellow wings is always a great idea. And a fine place to put the plane would help. Given the lack of a 1/32 scale model of O'Kanes Tang recovering all those Naval aviators, a catapult is the next best option.

Tnarg

I see it the other way around; since I probably will never get the Kingfisher, I'd certainly have no need for the catapult, so my answer is a big resounding no, I won't buy one of the catapults for it.

Had the question been asked "Would you buy a HpH Kingfisher catapult, assuming you have or intend to buy the KH Kingfisher", I would simply not have voted.

Um, no.

Say I would never eat at Burger King for any reason; I have no interest in their product line. So let's say they announce an online open vote on whether or not they should start putting chili on their new grilled hot dog. Would I log in and vote "no" to the chili knowing I had no intention of ever going in one of their restaurants to buy a hot dog? What is the point of that? I'm not the target of their campaign; I'm not a potential chili dog customer. If they counted "no" votes, which thankfully appears not the case for Hph, that would skew the voting by giving a false impression that I would prefer a chili-free dog, when in reality I could care less what they serve. They could lay a dog turd in it as far as it concerns me (and sell it again as a double dog with no one noticing it's the same thing IMO).

It's like registering dead people to vote in an election; they don't care who wins but they can swing the vote to favor the party that registered them.

The Vought float would be a great addition to the options for this kit. More yellow wings is always a great idea. 

Indeed.................Harold are you listening??   Im not sure if a Vought float would be in your wheel-house, but it would be a super option for the KHM Kingfisher as long as the float itself (amount of resin, molding capabilities ect, ect) is doable/moldable. 

Indeed.................Harold are you listening??   Im not sure if a Vought float would be in your wheel-house, but it would be a super option for the KHM Kingfisher as long as the float itself (amount of resin, molding capabilities ect, ect) is doable/moldable. 

Isn't Hubert planning to do one?

Kev