BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Sadly Russ won't be able to respond Rog, as he passed away shortly after completing this one.

Kev

What disappointing news!! ... Reading through the thread, you really get the impression of youthful exuberance, excitement ... Involvement ... Like this guy is the Steve Irwin or Bear Grylls of modeling ... This is the kind of dynamic modeling that I aspire to. The community looses some colour and flavour for the loss :(

Rog :)

• 1 year later...

Hello Rog.

Thanks for the update and you should not feel bad in any way.

The market for 1/32 is a strange one and companies like Revell and DML are in constant flux. I have even read where DML is in receivership and not to expect anything more from them.

As to the G4 I have never understood that a company has not wanted to produce such a historic version of the 110 In the most important version IMO. The Revell kit is none to good at least to me and the DML versions of the C through E seem much nicer. I have the 1-32 conversion that was sold by Field of armor tanks and still plan to attempt to mate it with a DML 110 eventually.

But I will also hold out for this conversion for the G4 as it seems to a much more modern design.

Paul C

• 1 year later...

Just read through this whole thread, and Russ' work was amazing.

It was a shame that he passed away.

He will be missed

His conversion seems to be the best logical choice at this time since we will probably not see a G conversion anytime soon.

Cheers, Ian

He was  a hell of a guy, although didnt meet him in person. He built faster and better than anyone I had ever seen. 

I didn't join LSP till 2014 but I'm eternally grateful to Russ for posting this detailed thread of how he produced his sublime G4. After reading this the other day I suddenly realised that I had most of the bits that Russ used, starting with the Dragon Bf110E so he's given me the inspiration and the confidence to have a go at my own before too long. I have a slightly different scenario in mind, I love exposed engines especially one as attractive as a DB605 so mine will be being serviced.

Max

Wow........................Forgot just HOW good Russ was at putty and scratch building............he makes the G-4 conversion look SOOOOOO easy.   Got sucked into reading the whole thread again and looking at comments I made 7 years ago.  

Where does the time go

He made modelling, converting, scratchbuilding look so simple...

And he was also incredibly generous ...

I miss you, my friend :(

Hubert

Yeah - I still have kits in my stash that he sent me, no questions asked. Including a Dragon Bf 110C-7 kit.

Kev