Miss Marilyn II ...

marcolagu

Hi Guys, i'm new to this forum and most of all i'm new on the 1/32 planes ( basically i'm a modern vheicle modeller)A friend of mine give me as a present a P 51 D Mustang ( Dragon...)and after a research on the net i felt in love with this particular painting scheme: Miss Marilyn II ,what i need to know is if any decals exist to realize this plane.Thank you for you help!I've made a search on the net but get no lucky,dont know if there is any..

Marco

Obviously if there is any ,where can i find them?

Edited by marcolagu

Hello Marco,

Welcome to the group!

The only 1/32-scale decals I know of for Miss Marilyn II are/were included in Doyusha's release of an old and rather primitivre Mustang kit manufactured previously by Tomy and by Swallow:

North American P-51D Mustang; SCALE: 1/32; MANUFACTURER: Doyusha [Japan]; PRODUCT NO.: 32-MUS; MARKINGS: Robert Welch's P-51D "Miss Marilyn II" (CY•M) of 343rd FS, 55th FG, 8th AF; Clarence "Bud" Anderson's P-51D "Old Crow" (BG•S) [camouflaged scheme] of 362nd FS, 357 FG, 8th AF; Clarence "Bud" Anderson's P-51D "Old Crow" (BG•S) [natural metal scheme] of 362nd FS, 357 FG, 8th AF; MEDIUM/MEDIA: injected, decal; COMMENT: Reissue of Tomy/Swallow kit

Although this kit appears to be in stock at Internet Hobbies, for example, it may be out of production now, because it's listed as "out of Stock" at HobbyLink Japan (which is located near Tokyo) and at HobbySerach (in Hong Kong).

Charles Metz

If you're not dead set on Miss Marilyn II, There's also the original Hasegawa P-51D release (JS 086) that comes with decals for the Millie G from the same 55th FG (same paint scheme). I did a search of the LSP Database and it appears as though these markings are not mentioned in the kit with the 086 number. I used to have a set of these decals so I know that they are included with the original release. Someone might want to do an update of the LSP database and add the Millie G to it. The box art is one with Lt. Urban Drews publicity aircraft on it E2*S. This is a repeated post from your thread in the Trading Forums

Thank you for the info Tim!In the meanwhile i've found ( and buyed..)some Montex masks for a plane of the same FG(55th)precisely the N CY (no nick).I'm shure i can make an M by myself, the only missing things are the Nickname and the Pin up....that's why i'm looking for the Doyusha Decals.

Marco

Marco: The Millie G markings that Tim mentioned are provided also in Hasegaawa's SP33 release of their P-51D kit, which is already in our database.

Tim: I'm not familiar with the JS 086. Can you give me some detail (either here or by PM) about the kit's other markings for inclusion in our database? The markings section of the SP 33 listing provides a good example of the information I'd like to have.

Charles Metz

Hello Marco,

I can confirm Charles Metz & TimC statement with pictures.

I recomend the Dayusha decal but not the kit. btw the decals are printed by CARTOGRAF in Italy or can be orderd in Japan for 1000YEN.

If you not a diehard modeller go for the Dayusha kit ;) I don't like it maybe I sell it.

Salut

Ralph

MissMerilynII.jpg

TheMillieP_.jpg

Ralph.that is exactely what i'm looking for!!They look very good!I've already wrote to Cartograf to see if they can sell me a sheet!From your anwer it seems that i can also buy them in Japan,if yes ,where?

BTW I'm not intended to build a Doyusha Model,just need the decals!

Marco

Ciao Marco,

P-51MissM.jpg

To order the decals you need the modell instruction (see picture) and you must live or have friends in Japan.

This service is only valid in japan because you have to buy stamps (1000 YEN) in the post office and you need to send it together with the order sheet to the company.

Decals --> デカール

If you can organize it from CARTOGRAF will be much easier :-)

Salut

Ralph

You might also try Hobbylink Japan (hlj.com) or Rainbowten (rainbowten.co.jp) as they both do sprue service and will do it for you even if out of country. I have used their service and it is great. I have never asked for a decal sheet, but it is worth a try.

You might also try Hobbylink Japan (hlj.com) or Rainbowten (rainbowten.co.jp) as they both do sprue service and will do it for you even if out of country. I have used their service and it is great. I have never asked for a decal sheet, but it is worth a try.

Here's a link to Hobbylink Japan's instructions for ordering parts from Japanese kits.

Charles Metz