Photo

Wingnut Wings AEG Build Guide Now Available!

KLP

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

Better tell them to hurry before this First Edition is sold out!!!  :P

• LSP_Kevin likes this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#17 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,386 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:42 AM

Better tell them to hurry before this First Edition is sold out!!!  :P

I know - I've only got ∞ copies left!

Kev

#18 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

Whoa! Anotyer on MY list.

In fact Kevin.... no matter what you produce and what the subject will be buying books from you.

I would love this one too as Karim is a good friend.and an exceptional Modeler.

Well done.

:)

Edited by MARU5137, 15 November 2017 - 08:13 AM.

• LSP_Kevin likes this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#19 Fooesboy

Fooesboy

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hi Kevin,

I've never bought an e-Book before (much prefer bricks & mortar) so I have a couple of questions.

Can the book be downloaded to a couple of devices? I'm thinking my desktop and my tablet?

Can any of the pages be printed out at home? I don't have a computer at the bench..... waaaaay too distracting for me!

• LSP_Kevin likes this

Chris

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein

#20 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Hi Kevin,

I've never bought an e-Book before (much prefer bricks & mortar) so I have a couple of questions.

Can the book be downloaded to a couple of devices? I'm thinking my desktop and my tablet?

Can any of the pages be printed out at home? I don't have a computer at the bench..... waaaaay too distracting for me!

Downloading: yes! The download link remains valid perpetually, with the only complicating factor being that it's in your in-box, so you need to be able to access that email from your other devices.

A better way to do this is to create an account on the website before you purchase, so that when you do, it becomes part of your purchase history in your account, and you're able to log in at any time and re-download it. That way you're not reliant on an email trapped in your computer. I think you can create the account as part of the checkout process, too. And if for some reason that goes wrong, I can marry up pre-account purchases to a customer account after the fact.

Printing: Yes! Again, there's a complicating factor, and that is that the notional page size doesn't match any standard physical page dimensions, but most printers will handle it. On an A4 sheet in portrait orientation, it should print slightly letterboxed (ie, centred vertically on the page, with non-printed white bands top and bottom). I recommend doing a single page test print to ensure you get the desired result, before printing the whole thing!

Kev

• Fooesboy likes this

#21 monthebiff

monthebiff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

I'm pleased to report that Karim's AEG book has now become our best-selling title! This is a very gratifying response, and a special thanks goes out to everyone who has purchased the book. And if you haven't, here's the link again!

Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale

Kev

Fantastic book Kev, I purchased my copy last weekend and love it, even If I wasnt going to build the AEG its packed full of useful hints and tips as well as the rigging guide. All grest stuff!

Regards. Andy

• LSP_Kevin likes this

#22 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,386 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Thanks, Andy - glad you like it! May I quote you on the website?

Kev

• monthebiff likes this

#23 monthebiff

monthebiff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

Thanks, Andy - glad you like it! May I quote you on the website?

Kev

Absolutely Kev, really like what you are doing with your KLP venture, you are publishing some trully inspiational builds.

Regards. Andy

• LSP_Kevin likes this

#24 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,386 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

Thanks, Andy!

Kev

#25 ScanmanDan

ScanmanDan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

Another excellent endeavour Kevin.  Outstanding work which I am enjoying immensely, packed full of great ideas and techniques.  I very much like that the photos are so sharp I can zoom in to my hearts content to see the magic :)  I treated myself to this for Christmas and I am over the moon.  ( Though, I did have to retrieve your emails from the spam file, silly computer  :mental: )  I will be looking forward to great things from you in the future.

• LSP_Kevin likes this

A day above ground is, in my opinion, a good day.  :D

#26 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

Thanks, Dan - glad you like the book! Having the emails disappear like that is an occupational hazard, unfortunately, but I'm glad you were able to find them. Don't forget that if you create a customer account on the website, you can log in and retrieve your purchases at any time.

Kev

#27 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

There is a review of it here. Well worth the money just for all the string bag improvements in it.

• LSP_Kevin likes this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KLP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users