Hasegawa 1:32 Me109F-2

Iain

More information re. panel lines on 109F-2 upper wing:

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10536&st=0&p=57501&hl=mansur%20mustafin&fromsearch=1entry57501

Mansur Mustafin's post in above link :

The information you relate to take it's root from me. I was consulting Zvezda on Bf109F-2. After consulting with Lynn Ritger we considered that there is a probability of such one piece upper sheet wing. Also mind about 20 fatalities in 1940-41 because of weak wing construction. There are some high-resolution photos of Pingel's Bf109F and Hahn's Bf109F-2 without panel line...K50 wing - It had old-style wing tips and squared wheel wells.

So I considered such probability about 70-80% and decided that scribing two panel lines if we counter-proof is easier than filling them if there is concrete proof of my version. However F500/501 wing on Bf109F-4 model will have panel lines as per real Bf109F-4 wing and aircraft.

HTH,

D.B.

Edited for clarity 20 Aug 2011 1214 hrs

Thanks for info! :)

There are some high-resolution photos of Pingel's Bf109F and Hahn's Bf109F-2 without panel line...K50 wing....It had old-style wing tips and squared wheel wells.

Except I found a nice clear pic of Hahn's Wk Nmmr 5749 over on http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/ with rounded wheel arches (unfortunately I can't access the images at present).

What's for sure is there are images of early 'F's where those wing panel joints can't be seen - so going with that.

My thoughts are still around multi-part skin and filler unless I see a pic that proves otherwise.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

All is now sanded and, correcting paintwork aside (lots of yellow to blend in), I think we may be getting back on track.

After a good 1200 grit polishing my cocks are unscathed - apart from a tiny, tiny, bit of red on starboard side which I can touch in and won't be noticed.

This *may* be my biggest save of a model gone wonky yet! smile.gif

Pics later.

Iain