Lukgraph 32-09: Vought SBU-1 Corsair

LSP_Kevin

Great little review Kev.

Another lovely kit from Silver Wings Lukgraph.

I love slightly obscure inter-war biplanes, they are my favourite period to model. However, Hannants have this kit at £130 & Aviation Megastore are even more expensive.

So what do I do? It's not like the kit will get any cheaper, and as the UK exits the EU Sterling may well weaken further & push the price further out of reach.

Decisions, decisions. Following Iain's thread, I've got my eye on Trumpy's 1:200 HMS Hood & associated PE, which will round out at about £500 or so.

I'm thinking out loud here - I'll need to keep my powder dry for the Trumpy kit I think.

I'm thinking out loud here - I'll need to keep my powder dry for the Trumpy kit I think.

I've also avoided most model purchases lately, specifically so I can save up for a Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger. I've already joined a kit building page on facelook, so as to get a "leg up" on detail corrections and problems to watch for.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Terrific review and I would ave to say that with each new release, the details and value 'value' keep getting better and better.

Peter

This kit jusr arrived today and I have to say that  it is a great piece of resin casting. I also bought the new Silver Wings Reggiane Re.2000 and the MDC Typhoon and all three kits are of the same excellent quality. I've built quite a few resin kits now and resin is my preferred choice over injected kits.

Cheers!

Iain