Westland Wessex HU.5

Smokey

Since it got here and since there isn't much for aftermarket this should go pretty easy and fast build after I get the windows cut out for the HU.5 version.  Here is a couple pictures of both sides that show where the windows in to be enlarged.  Not much plastic will be left between the two windows after cutting them out.

HU.5%20window%20cut1_zpsxhmhjqj6.jpg

HU.5%20window%20cut_zpsdt74zadg.jpg

Apologize for the pictures took them with the cell phone.  

Dan 

Looks like the Fly 1/32 kit. I liked the look of the 3D printed rotor hub parts but as I would have to buy the whole rotor fold set to get one, I decided to pass and will see what I can do with a bit of styrene detailing.

There was a useful build (by James Hatch, I think) in one of the mags in which he identified a few tweaks. The only one I can remember was that either the roof or floor needed shortening at the rear though.

Looking great!   

The only aftermarket are the rotorfold kit and exhausts....

There was to be a PE grille for the intake, but it hasn't appeared yet...

This is my issue..............................I was going to start mine, but am waiting until the PE grill comes out. Ive E-mailed scalewarship.com a few times, and they have indicated they are/were in process of upgrading their site, and were soon going to get going on new products like the PE grill and what not. 

When I spoke to them at Telford, they said problems were encountered with producing it.

Namely, when they test patterned it, based on the Italeri 1/48 version, the spacings in the grille wouldn't come out correctly..

Does that mean its not coming at ALL I wonder, or are they re-doing the design?  Id hate to put  a build off due to not having AM that will never come............

Does that mean its not coming at ALL I wonder, or are they re-doing the design?  Id hate to put  a build off due to not having AM that will never come............

at the moment, your guess is as good as mine,as they were staving if off till they got it right.. that was November..

just a small update finally got one window cut out.  

Window_zpsike3kyk7.jpg

Have to get rid of the scratch on the window and than glue it in and than fill around it and than scribe around the window since I didn't get a prefect fit.  

I do have Military Illustrated Modeller magazine March 2016, issue 59 which had James Hatch's built 1/32 HC.2 version.  I have been following his build in order to prevent any problems building my HU.5 version.  Besides the Magazine I have bookmarked pictures that our own TonyT which has posted here for reference's for detail work.  

Yes the only after market is a rotor blade fold set,  the exhaust set and the limited run decal set that our own Jennings did.  

Brian I am like you in I was going to wait for the intake screen before starting building but could not hold out any longer.  I figure by picking the Wessex HU.5 or HC.2 version since there isn't much out for after market it will keep me focus on getting it built instead of bogged down on after market. 

Dan

Slow progress got the windows all cut out and couldn't resist in taping it together.  Still have a lot of seam work to clean up but it is starting to look like a helicopter.  So far without the tail on it, it is almost 16 inches in length.  Tomorrow start putting the ribs on the cargo area sides. 

body1_zpsanv1cbwh.jpg

body_zpsj1eglmy2.jpg

Got one side done for the ribs inside.  Just got to add the triangle plates at the joints and some plumbing that is found on the walls.  Probably just add a little since it won't been seen.

ribs_zpsc8lrd1cs.jpg

Open to all positive and negative feedback.  Didn't think I could clean up the ribs in the kit good enough so out came some strip  the same size and got this side done.