So does anyone else her think we need help with the LSP addiction?

1to1scale

800 BC? I think effigies go back much further and my ex wife is still sticking pins into one that resembles me.

Tony

Pins shmins. You are lucky. My wife has three sewing machines and when she gets mad at me, well, it is like one feels after going up against a machine gun. :DodgeBall:

In retrospect, I think the date is somewhere in the 8000 BC year category. I have to go back to my dentist and look through his pile of old magazines in his waiting room.

Edited by ssculptor

My Stash has peaked now and the trouble is it's competing with my Live Steam garden railway stash and they're not that small, but after a week of CAD and machining I like to get back to my trains, this Saturday I've made a new axle and crank bosses for my coal fired loco to get it to run more sweetly just need decent weather to trial it.

I'd reckon my stash is around 400-500.

Won't sell anything, because of the prohibitively expensive shipping in Norway. Few would buy 'em because of that.

I'll leave it up to the wife to sell them or throw them in the trash when I am gone.

... though being buried with them in a huge burial chamber, like some golden god, would be even better.

People collect stuff. Paintings, wine, cars, movies, dresses, decorative china,toys, etc.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Maybe all you junkies can give me some tips? My stash consists of... four. Four kits. Two in progress, two armor kits put aside due to lack of interest. And now my girlfriend wants to know why I could possibly want another kit before I've finished one of the ones I have? She actually said "You're not going to start a new one before you've finished the one you've started, are you?" Yes, yes I am. Because it's all a work in progress until it isn't.

I'm not sure how to explain how having 4-5 builds going at the same time is actually fun. And she's supportive! She even proposed a display cabinet in the dining room! Yet, she collects vintage Christmas items that spend 10 months of the year in boxes... and doesn't understand why collecting unbuilt kits is fun.

Maybe all you junkies can give me some tips? My stash consists of... four. Four kits. Two in progress, two armor kits put aside due to lack of interest. And now my girlfriend wants to know why I could possibly want another kit before I've finished one of the ones I have? She actually said "You're not going to start a new one before you've finished the one you've started, are you?" Yes, yes I am. Because it's all a work in progress until it isn't.

I'm not sure how to explain how having 4-5 builds going at the same time is actually fun. And she's supportive! She even proposed a display cabinet in the dining room! Yet, she collects vintage Christmas items that spend 10 months of the year in boxes... and doesn't understand why collecting unbuilt kits is fun.

As I am for enduring couples ( :innocent: ), I will suggest a question to ask next time she buys another pair of shoes :

"You're not going to buy a new one before you've worn out the one you are wearing, are you ?"

I deny in advance any adverse reaction you might endure following that :DodgeBall: ... but then Valentine's day is in two weeks time and you can always make it good and correct any perceived wrongdoing at that time ... :)

Hubert the wise marriage counsellor

Edited by MostlyRacers

I know a cure for the stash piling dilemna.

Having had to move recently, and filled some 12 to 15 big boxes with kits from the stash, I wisely decided I'd leave about the same volume of kit boxes in the old home, to be sold at the earliest convenient time.

So now, the stash is considerably smaller, with essentially 1/32 aircraft kits and the odd ship kit box. The ones left behind are mostly ship kits btw. No way I will ever build a 1/600 liner or even a /1350 batllewagon. Far too small detail for my eyesight.

I am still dreaming though, that one day I will cure my AMS syndrome, and focus on just painting a build kit well, therefore cutting down my building time per kit by at least 90 %.

Still, considering the time fondling the boxes and their content, dreaming about the outstanding result I'll achieve with this one, planning the build, identifying possible mistakes, thinking about the way to correct the said mistakes, searching for references, all of this provide plenty of enjoyable time, all the more so at home, rather than chasing a small white ball, a blonde or the last glass... Very good value-for-money if you ask me ...

Hubert

PS: you noticed of course that I did not even mention the actual buidling and painting time ;) ... negligible in my case :rofl:

Edited by MostlyRacers

how do you do that, I have not been able to figure it out yet.

If you load your stash, at the bottom of the page there is a section headed 'Export'.

It gives you the options to export to PDF, CSV (; or ,) and TSV.

I chose CSV (,) and then imported the file into excel... from which I have built a monster spreadsheet that not only includes all my stash, but all the paints etc. they all require with a built in converter, so that I can, say, pop in a Revell reference from the new P-51D instructions and it'll tell me what the Tamiya or Humbrol equivalents are!

well, I agree, we collect stuff...but we could do with less and focus on picking some kits we really want to build or look at more than once a year....

Look at this: https://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_less_stuff_more_happiness 

Maybe, just maybe we could do with less kits... :) ...but I have a small stash too (probably 25 kits of which I am going to sell (edit) some this year)

I have collected enough after market to last me well into my next after life. I hope I don't ever start thinking about ever building jets post WWII. I'd certainly be screwed.

Hmmm... I should probably remain vigilant with the stash. I am a die hard WWII prop guy and I am building my first modern jet. I see that same as my other models I could really get sucked into all the detail causing major delay in completion. Must be two hundred knobs and levers to paint in the cockpit alone. The thing has two bang seats! Each wheel well has many wires and cables, landing lights. Pasta buckets. It is all going along well but I will back up a few decades and do a slightly post war jet next. Switching to jets will not increase my build throughput. No more modern jets in the stash.

Rick

well, I agree, we collect stuff...but we could do with less and focus on picking some kits we really want to build or look at more than once a year....

Look at this: https://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_less_stuff_more_happiness 

Maybe, just maybe we could do with less kits... :) ...but I have a small stash too (probably 25 kits of which I am going to sell (edit) some this year)

I am actually reducing my stash a bit, I am getting rid of all my 1/72 collection, keeping all but 2 or 3 1/32 kits I will not ever build. 

I am going to move half way across the country this summer, but my stash is not so big it cant be packed into 4 or 5 large boxes(ok, maybe 6 or 7). I have been getting the wife and parents accepting the fact that we cant pack everything, so we will be downsizing all the crap that has not been touched in a year. My biggest challenge will be packing up my garage that if full of tools and a half built roadster and all its parts scattered throughout the garage.