Trumpy Hurri Mk IIC

Lancman

Need a distraction from the vacs and I have been waiting for Matt to finish his Hurri :lol: So I thought I would join this group build with a kit I have had for ages and just recently aquired some new decals for it as the kit ones are crap. I will be building it as a No. 1 Squad Hurri flown by Fl. Lt. Karel Kuttelwascher who scored 18 victories but mine will be how it was at 10.

trumpy%20hurri.JPG

hurricane.jpg

Graham.

• 8 months later...

Decided to dig the old Hurri out of storage and make a start so here's the cockpit assy, all it needs is some wires to represent some cables when it's fitted to the fuselage. Not going to bother painting the engine as the cowlings will be fitted so hopefully this will be a quickish build well for me anyway. :speak_cool:

hurri%20cockpit1.JPG

hurri%20cockpit.JPG

Graham.

Glad to see you back with this one Graham.

Its a really good kit and seeing the fantastic work you've done on the cockpit,

I'm sure it will be a brilliant result!

Looking forward to this one! :popcorn:

Phil :notworking:

Thanks guys, :speak_cool: here is the cockpit fitted, cowlings on and fuselage glued together. There is a slight seam on the top of the cowling that needs attention and maybe one or two other bits but on the whole not a bad fit, the only downside is the detail up and around the top of the cowling is very faint and in some parts disappears so it will be out with the scriber and riveter later. Plus one half of the fuselage was nice and smooth while the other (left) was dull and a bit rougher and the plastic is on the soft side??

hurri2.JPG

hurri3.JPG

hurri4.JPG

hurri5.JPG

Graham

Damn you! I've been eyeballing this kit for sometime now but haven't bit the bullet trying to avoid 24th scale.

After seeing this I need to give this kit a go.

Nice work so far

Ron