Another Hasegawa Zero Release

RBrown

So is anyone interested in the ATIAU SEA markings in 1/32??  My comment got lost in the Val and Kate discussion.

I'd be interested, as there aren't enough non-green-over-grey options available for late Zeros.

Kev

Well, they may have been at that certain point in time but somewhere along the line the A6M5 was painted in a rather slotchy coating of Dark Earth.  I got that from my copy of the Aero Detail book on the A6M but I can't give you page numbers as the damn book is packed away waiting for me to buy a house.

See here:http://www.aviationofjapan.com/2010/02/aotake-part-2.html

Edited by Juggernut

The ATIAU SEA airplanes appear to be green over grey to me.  All they did was overpaint the hinomarus with RAF roundels and put some white lettering on the side.

Not my cup o' tea, but different enough that I'd imagine some would certainly find it appealing.

Not sure it's a hard pass for me, not even sure what "hard pass" even means to be honest. J has offered to do another set of decals for us, and I think that's very cool. I kind of like the scheme, but for me, I'd really need to know what the base colors of this scheme is before I'd take the plunge.

Thanks again to J for offering up the decals.

Cheers

Brad

Me too - I have some multiples, but that's down to trades and, basically, mistakes.

I like building kits, but building the same kit again would feel a little bit repetitive, compared to moving on to something else. It's also more interesting, for me at least, to learn more about different planes when researching builds. Although I can also understand people who build specific planes - 109 & Spitfire come to mind - and enjoy knowing every last thing about them.

I do have a few 109's, but they are different marks and they did change quite a bit by the time the "K" came out.

I fall into this general category; I get one of each major variant for the most part. If I get another of the same type it is usually because there is a really cool paint scheme I want to do. So far, only FW190s and BF109s have done that for me. Even in my armor I don't duplicate - my Tigers are all different production runs, and my SdKfz 251's are all different variants.