1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

Managed to get both upper wing profiles added today and found a bit of a fit issue.

20170527_201758.jpg

Dont know if its me engineering a fit issue by adding the extra resin but I dont think so as I have been pretty careful with test fitting all the way through, anyway, this is what I have and its the same on both sides.

20170527_201709.jpg

Also needed to add a plastic fillet after opening up the gun bay and removing the rest of the moulded on bulge.

Also turned my attention to the control surfaces, the detail on the kit parts are pretty poor and a weak point on the basic kit for me.

20170527_125830.jpg

Going to use the HGW wet transfer set to try and improve this area. Although this set is for the Hasegawa 190's I should work with a little trimming here and there.

20170527_162950.jpg

Surprised how this is starting to come together now after a good few days work. Very happy indeed.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 5 weeks later...

Some work on this project again, a little but some all the same....HGW wet transfer s to improve the control surfaces, first effort on un-primed but keyed

plastic. 

20170528_191442.jpg

Major fail :hmmm:

Checked out HGW tutorial and they say the whole "wet decal" system is designed around MR Mark system and Mr Surfacer.........so I went down this route and purchased the advised consumables.........

20170628_171812.jpg

2 out of 5 ain't great......Grrrrrrr

Next try is keying the primer and lets see what happens. all a bit of a PITA.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Also found that the windshield doesn't fit, this is not a Revell fit issue but is due to the Eduard resin replacement parts by the looks of things.

20170628_173319.jpg

some careful sanding of the front of the windshield and all looks well.

20170628_174844.jpg

Pretty happy with that and now the clear parts have had a bath in future and awaiting some brass details.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

oooo, those HGW transfers really look the biz.  Keen to see them under some primer!

Jim

They are a real pain Jim but think they will look spot on under some paint, 

Think I have managed to put the PB mare right now on this build thread, a little time consuming but worth it, now to sort my Ju-188 thread as well!!

Regards. Andy

• 1 month later...