Aussie Mossie, RNZAF Trainer

Anthony in NZ

Lol... now now girls.... :D

Thanks Wolf, yes I just could not hold on any more, such a nice kit.  Just make sure we keep our build threads well apart from each other so you don't make mine look like my 12yr old built it :blink:

My good friend Andy has just advised me of some Trainer details which will make my build more accurate, thanks mate! He is working on the real TV959 at the moment and is another awesome modeller. Dosent join forums but is a regular to LSP.  You just never know who is here do you...... :ph34r: LOL

Anyway been busy again and will update probably later in the weekend

Cheers

Anthony

Don't bin it Anthony!  You've put so much work into it, you have to see it through. And I've wanted to see it done since I joined this great website.  Your friend is correct, you should keep it and finish it off.  Just to put it next to the Tamiya kit as a big brother.

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt, I will think about it some more. Appreciate your following along but sometimes I just think with a stash of 32nd's already, family, work and rebuilding an aircraft to fly I just need to be realistic.

I will consider it some more then...

Thanks for the encouragement

Anthony

Quick pic as I am working so those of you who are considering a trainer can see differences.

The TIII and the T43 have this panel where the Navigators armoured backrest used to be and has the flare cartridges relocated to here from under the Nav's seat along with the fuel selector panel. Eduard have a lovely colour etch on in there interior set which should look good glued on after painting green.

t43%20001_zpsc35ji5yk.jpg

I am also figuring out what other detail needs scraping off as I go...

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

The Australian built machines more often than not had an extra panel line on the nacelle. So I got my photoetch razor saw out and made new ones on all 4 halves..

t43%20004%203_zpsutixadrh.jpg

Another feature of Australian built machines is that there is no access panel on the u/c doors. So I removed it and replaced rivet detail.

t43%20005%202_zpsrfgdyizn.jpg

Test fitting the new cannon tray with faired ports

8657fbb1-9655-4d70-9a34-5018f12e2c68_zps

Thanks for looking in as always

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hello Anthony,

I've been secretly hoping you'd be seduced by your Tamiya kit so we can see you in action again.

so you don't make mine look like my 12yr old built it :blink:

Cheers

Anthony

Pah!  Your skills are a match for anyone on the forums Anthony so don't put yourself down dude. I agree that Wolf's builds are epic and hard to beat but your's definitely give him a run for his money.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Keeps me driven and makes the hard slog on the 24th one feel like I am progressing on something.

Geedubelyer, thanks mate! I will keep him honest and push him to his limit...lol.

Anyway I have been working on the forward cannon bay doors filling in the Cannon shell ejector chutes. Little trickier than I thought it would be. Trying to avoid loosing all that lovely surface detail etc...

t43%20001%202_zpsqopmqpkm.jpg

Ok back to the cockpit I suppose...

Thanks Andy, I am looking forward to seeing how this trainer cockpit comes together as well.  Still a few unanswered questions for me.  I might have to look at the wing structure now, as the centre section forms the basis of the rear cockpit.  However on initial inspection I might add some details to the back of the radiators, not that you will probably see it anyway. Looks like it might rain today so I think I have my day planned on the Mosquito....hopefully.