AVIA C-10 a.k.a. S-99 a.k.a. Bf-109G 10/14 AS

Guest Martinnfb

WOW! Now THEY ARE COOL.!

what a coincidence :hmmm:

(Their way of paying tribute per chance :punk: )

keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

(shouldn't you be asleep at 2 am ? ;) )

Exactly what I was thinking of, thanks Maru. Well I haven't been sleeping properly for about two years, you can guess why. :)

ykVxl7E.jpg

Tell me about this yukky mistake.

4pWwHBX.jpg

Nice work on capturing the wider openings.

iHYbODL.jpg

Nice detailing. Nice line work to the drawing.  Looks too good to be from an original.  Something digitized?  From whom did you get the drawing?

Good show, Martin.

Sincerely,

Mark

• Hello Mark, thank you for stopping by, the drawings are from Avia S-199 book and author is Mr. Vavrina, for demonstration purposes  only.
  • The wider openings  are simply a must, I will dress it up with a photo-etched canvas from Eduard and some scratch build trinkets later.
  • Yukky mistake was covered by me and few another people several times in past ten years,however largely ignored by the crowd. The problem lies in the main segment of the fuselage, specifically in it's from section that is slightly shorter. That transfers into a bull-like squished look of the nose. It is hard to see it on the drawings, unless you make a set of section lines and take the first fuselage segment as a starting point. The tail has it's own issues , but not as glaring as the front. On the first picture the canopy frame edge it's nicely line -up and you can clearly see, by how much is the front shorter. The second picture follows the panel lines that I extended. I hope this helps to explain the modification effort.

zmbhh8p.jpg

3MI9IhA.jpg

Those wing bulges are almost invisible in this photo. What an excellent photo Martin, I could spend hours inside that hangar :)

Yess indeed , thank you for checking in Neven. If you notice that lower cowling piece that is sitting on the bucket under the right wing and look at the picture from the airshow. What do you see? :)

I would see years, or many, maany......  hours  :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Martin

Great start on a very unique subject and I know, this one you are going to cross the line with

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Right side bulge is flattened , left is untouched . The difference is very subtle in that light, but it will become apparent once done. Naturally there is so much to desire in order to bring it to acceptable level , but I have to go to work now :)

Pug7MWY.jpg

• Hello MAx, thank you for the comment. LOL I was wandering who's gonna pick up on my linguistic updates :), could you please call guys in Oxford and let them know that I have whole bunch of improvements for them? :)​
  • Thank You Carl, they had many types, essentially anything that was available,  I mean the Air Force.  Naturally they picked up on ex-LW aircraft production, or whatever was left of it within the Czechoslovak territories . Plus there was a bunch Surplus planes and also a few  Spitfires, Lavochkins and Liberators  that returned with Czechoslovak pilots back home. The communist coup of 1948 was an important turning point. From then on Czechoslovak aviation became increasingly dependent on the Soviet Union, which had no interest in a prosperous Czechoslovakia. The superior light industry was suppressed and replaced by heavy industry. Aircraft manufacturers had to move to a different kind of production. Avia made licensed Soviet aircraft in the beginning,  however in the early 60s, aircraft production was halted in favour of truck manufacturing. Sad story indeed. Nevertheless there was one positive aspect to this development. The Soviets never spared any expense on their weaponry, their aircraft were mostly top of the league. Some MiGs and Su were produced in Czechoslovakia so the acquired know-how could be implemented in original Czechoslovak designs for example Delfin and Albatros. 

• Thank You for the kind words of encouragement Peter, much appreciate that.

Martin

Edited by Martinnfb

Does it look like this:

84010_0.jpg

And if so, what is the difference between its' drawings and the drawings found in these:

jakab_mezek_title.jpg jakab_mezek2_title.jpg

If you know.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Part 2 of Irra's book Mark and again it serves only as demonstration of this particular detail. There are few differences, not much since everyone copies each other. Quite sad, considering the fact that two machines ( one in original condition ) are sitting right in the capitol of Czech republic .

I never heard "bulgeous" before either. Like Max said, it IS descriptive, and a word that should be added to the Oxford if it is t there yet.

Your build is spectacular so far, my friend. I keep misunderestimating you, it seems.

Did you misunderetimated my linguistic or my modelling skills LOL, well after the past election we can expect few more addition :)

OK, enough silly talk, post me some pictures guys. Anybody?, Nobody?,,,K., my turn

Here you can see the slightest proportional difference in the length, not perfect, but better.

EEZFxcI.jpg

And here are the bulges , sanded even more , partially oversanded :)

3ybuMlH.jpg

Here you can see a slightest difference in re-shaped engine cowling and  a few cosmetic touch -ups on the fuselage, for example rounded upper and lower edge and distressed  panels by the fuselage segment connections .

1i8fzD4.jpgI am planning to use a canopy from revel's kit so there will be more adjustment needed, stayed tuned. :)

I know , not much had happened in past few days. The story is that Martin was catching up with the last four seasons of Breaking Bad. Yes yes I know, the series has ended like 3 years ago, but I was too busy to follow......Last night (morning) Mr. White finally died, T.O.D. 4AM, most impressive :)

xo.xo.

Edited by Martinnfb