Fiat G.59-4A

Honza

Hi folks,

After a loooong (10 years) modeling break I started playing a little with PCM Fiat G.55 and an excellent conversion from Italy.

You know how it goes, putting main parts of the sprue, checking the kit lines and before I knew it, I found myself in the middle of the build :)

The cockpit needs some modifications of the original parts supplied in the kit, however after checking few available pictures I decided to scratchbuild the whole thing.

Hopefully it is somewhat better than stock provided parts.

Here are some pictures of my progess so far.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

bye for now,

Jan

Edited by Honza

Very nice neat clean work Jan - I received the superb F.59 conversion myself last week - needless to say, very much looking forward to seeing more. Which aircraft are you planning on modelling, I notice you haven't cut away the canopy fairing?

Thanks all :)

Planning to do the sharkmouth, if all goes as planned.

With the front cut out already, thinking of finishing cockpit sidewalls first, gluing the fuselage together and cutting the canopy fairing then. There would be way too small area in my opinion to hold the fuselage halves together in the straight line if I made the cut now.

Cockpit floor with seat and instrument center panel will be inserted once all is glued together.

Hmm, sounds a bit complicated...

• 2 weeks later...

alright, after a little while some progress

IMG_0009.jpg

it will need some "homee" touches to get the oils right, but I think this is pretty much it.

comments and constructive criticism is welcomed :rolleyes:

Edited by Honza