Revell P-51D - the slow build begins!

Dave Williams

Actually, even if you flat coat the 'finished' IP then go back and add the 'glass' over the instruments, I bet it will look pretty amazing.  Looking forward to trying that out on my next Eduard IP build (Have not picked up a Yalu IP yet but definitely hope to some day!).

Nice gunsight too...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, all. To be honest, I'm glad I didn't have to use too many of the Barracuda stencils because they were a bit time consuming. They are great, but a fair amount of work because almost all of the decals are two parts with the white lettering being separate from the black or red background, meaning you have to apply the backgrounds, let dry, and then apply the lettering on top. Seeing the white lettering against the backing sheet was difficult for me, so making sure you don't cut into it or lose track of it before getting it off the sheet and onto something with a darker color so you can see it requires a bit of focus. Then the lettering is precisely printed, so it takes a bit of work to make sure it's exactly centered on the background and stays there when applying the softening fluid.

Fortunately the kit decal placards are one piece, and the Eduard interior Color PE already comes with the stenciling on it.

Guest Peterpools

Dave

One good looking IP and and Front Office.

Can't wait to get my hands on a few of these gems from Revell.

Keep 'em comin

Peter