Suggestions for new group builds

Guest Peterpools

Have we done a Gb of kits produced before 1980? See what can be done with some of the old matchbox, Revell, and Hase kits.

We've done a 'Revell' GB before, and while not strictly an 'old kit' GB, most of them were I think. However, it's been our experience in the past that most members won't commit to a GB build (much less finish it) if it's too difficult or complicated. It's becoming clear to us that the simpler the ask involved with a GB, the higher the participation and completion rates. The current Almost OOB GB has been one of our most successful to date, and most of our other successful ones have had similar constraints.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think a GB that focuses on kits that might involve a fair bit of work would be very successful, even if I personally like the idea myself. Just experience talking!

Kev

At this stage we have a WWI theme pencilled in for the next GB, mainly to capitalise on the obvious interest in the forums at the moment. And unlike days gone by, there's no longer a dearth of quality choices. The only things remaining to be hammered out are the timeframe and the name (I don't want to upset Brian, but I think something that very clearly implies WWI is needed).

Kev

No worries here K1, I was just throwing out suggestions whilst attempting to be clever.................

As far as naming clarity goes we could always go with Lou's suggestion of "Wings of the Great War" GB. Or for that matter anything else we could think of that might fit and describe well.

Guest Nigelr32

How about an Animal related GB??

We could really stretch the rules on this one.. "Kitty" hawk, Thunder"bird", any wild "Weasel", "Mustang", Cessna "Bird" "Dog"... the list goes on....

Or we could have "Aircraft related to items of a cutting nature"...

Ly"sander", "Razor"back, "Sword"fish, "Dart".....

I'll get my coat.....

Edited by Nigelr32

How about an Animal related GB??

We could really stretch the rules on this one.. "Kitty" hawk, Thunder"bird", any wild "Weasel", "Mustang", bird "Dog"... the list goes on....

I'll get my coat.....

In the end, that would be anything that "flies"...

Kev