#31 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

...uuuhhh...wow !!!!

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW Fokker E.II (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros DVa (WIP/RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#32 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Speechless as usual Karim. Your build a continue to inspire and give us mere mortals a target to aim for.

Tony thanks for the comment and thanks for taking the time to leave a word my friend!

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW Fokker E.II (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros DVa (WIP/RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#33 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

Karim,

Excellent build as usual.

The oil staining, that was done with oil paints? Great results.

Thanks for sharing!

Aircare thanks for leaving a word.

Yes the staining and weathering was all done with oil paints. initially i did some prestaining with the airbrush then all the rest was done with oils!

Karim

WIP: 

#34 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Karim,

You really bring history to life!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom for checking in on the build and leaving a word. Much appreciated!

WIP: 

#35 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,421 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Excellent!!!

#36 Tomek

Tomek

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

I'm still amazed how good the painted pattern looks on the cowling. I wouldn't have thought about using for this effect buffable metalizer . Brilliant!

Love the weathering!
Superb build!

#37 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

ART, Karim, pure fine ART!  Congrat's on another jewel of a model.

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck thank you my friend!

WIP: 

#38 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Brilliant, Karim - the hammered metal effect on the cowl is superb, as is the weathering. Bravo!

Jim

Thanks Jim!

was quite fun trying to get that done... a super enjoyable build

WIP: 

#39 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

Wonderful! Surely that's worthy of another book... 

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Don, thanks 

WIP: 

#40 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

Beautiful model! Congratulations!  :bow:

Thank you Trak-Tor!!

WIP: 

#41 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

Stunning, Karim, as always.

Bill thanks for the kind comments!

• Bill Cross likes this

WIP: 

#42 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Ooh Karim ... that's one BEAUTIFUL Fokker E.II..

GORGEOUS modeling.

:wow: :bow:

Maru

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word too, knowing how things are.

I hope all is well my friend!

WIP: 

#43 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Karim,

Another stunner in quick time!  Besides the crisp detail, I really like that you could make it dirty without it looking contrived.

Very nice!

Gaz 

Gaz buddy!

Thanks for the kind comments... The build was super smooth. The challenge was trying to make the weathering not look overly done or 'fake'...was quite the challenge in knowing when to stop. I actually walked away from the kit a couple of times and came back later just to make sure i didnt overdo it!!!

• Gazzas likes this

WIP: 

#44 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Another absolute belter Karim!

I love the life you give to the all the different finishes. That coupled with such a finessed, flawless build is simply delightful. Wow...!

Torben

Torben,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word and such kind comments!!

WIP: 

#45 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Excellent!!!

Brian

Thanks!

WIP: 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users