Most here know by now I've built several of the previously released T-28B, and this kit shares much with the B. There are a few minor changes to the rear of the aircraft to accommodate the arresting gear, but other than that, the only real visible changes between the two is the shorter, wider prop for carrier operations.
The B kit actually included a close representation of a C prop, so all's well there as well.
In conversation with Glen, I found out a few things he desires.
1. Basically built OOB for display, but I can use fabric seatbelts if I wish.
2. Make it clean. So no wild weathering.
3. Make it yellow. The yellow scheme is cool.
4. Close it up. Nothing hanging open. So, engine panels buttoned up and canopy closed.
5. Use the kit contents including the decals. I'll assume he didn't mean use ALL the kit decals, because that'll look real stupid.
So with those goals in mind, I'll set the MuG-23 aside other than when I'm waiting for something to set on this.
There's a show in Fort Worth in a couple weeks. If it's done, I'll take it there as a bonus.
Edited by Clunkmeister, 27 February 2018 - 05:55 AM.