• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 bigern007

bigern007

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

Hey Jeff,I agree  with what you are saying..They have your money,they should be anxious to keep you informed s to

what is going on.  A very valid complaint  !   Maybe it's a Canadian  thing.....LOL

cheers  Ernie

• harvey likes this

#32 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Man I hate to go hear because I have heard many good things about them, but now it has been almost four month since we got the letter. I understand the growing pains part, and do want them to succeed so we have more cool stuff though ! However I have tried to contact them a couple times in the last couple weeks with courtious emails and have gotten no response. I know I had heard someone else was doing rocket rails for the Mossie,, MDC maybe? I'm writing this one off. 

• Out2gtcha likes this

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#33 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,607 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

Disappointing to hear they haven't responded to your emails - I placed a pre-order quite some time ago, as I have before with them, first time this has happened, and no matter how frustrating it has been for those in the same boat I image it pales to how the folk at Avaeology feel.

MDC only produce these, which are essential for the Avaeology set   https://www.largesca...ew.php?rid=1874

#34 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Disappointing to hear they haven't responded to your emails - I placed a pre-order quite some time ago, as I have before with them, first time this has happened, and no matter how frustrating it has been for those in the same boat I image it pales to how the folk at Avaeology feel.

MDC only produce these, which are essential for the Avaeology set   https://www.largesc

I'm sure your right, but I bet that would not be the case if they were a little more pro active. Made my pre order in August of 2016

#35 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

I'm sure your right, but I bet that would not be the case if they were a little more pro active. Made my pre order in August of 2016

A whole year?!

That is very strange.

"If thou behold bijoux that looketh, mayhap, both wondrous and goodly in truck for doit, thou should turneth thy cheek, as aught will cometh of thine actions, surety a USB cable, for chicanery is afoot"

#36 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

has anyone heard anything on this by any chance??

#37 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

has anyone heard anything on this by any chance??

Finally, but it was in regard to the Mossie sets. Kinda the same thing, They have a couple sheets of the PE in and waiting for the rest. Apparantly was having trouble getting a hold of company that was doing the PE. Said another update coming soon and offered a refund again.

• Jeff likes this

#38 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:29 PM

here...We don't have all of the frets for all of the sets yet, but we are closer than we were in May/June. I can try to send you a photo if that'd help retain some confidence in our commitment to see it through.

Please accept my apology for the lack of timely response… we're overdue an update from our P/E jobber but nothing for the past four-five weeks. I'll give them a try again next week. Once I feel that we're on a solid footing with it, we'll issue another newsletter update.

Meanwhile, Alison will be back on Monday so I can ask her to process an immediate refund for you if you'd like to cancel the order at this time. Whatever you decide, I'd like to thank you for bearing with us to now.

• Jeff likes this

#39 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

Well, that sounds encouraging, so I am patient to wait, but I really think the P/E Jobber , needs to revamp their process some....and it is the Mosquito Gee sets I was thinking of and waiting for..... I will wait, no need for a refund.... thanks Smitty.... I haven't heard anything for a long time, so as long as it is still in the pipe, that's a good thing.. :)

#40 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

Patience is a virtue ...

You've got bags of it... hope it comes through.

:whistle:

Edited by MARU5137, 19 September 2017 - 11:16 PM.

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#41 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

I hate to keep banging on here, but has anyone heard.................. anything?

#42 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

I hate to keep banging on here, but has anyone heard.................. anything?

Nope. I tried contacting them for an update and have not heard back for a couple weeks now.

• Jeff likes this

#43 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Jeff ..

Here you go.

Terry @ Aviaeology 151

Posted 1 hour ago

Thanks for the email JackG:

Thanks for speaking on my behalf LH (has it been that long, WOW!)…

Yes indeed we are still going strong. Please bear in mind that our Aviaeology product line accounts for less than half of the revenue generation here at SkyGrid Studio, but it can often take up time, energy, and other resources disproportionate to that. This is especially true in those very rare instances when things go awry. Despite this transient anxiety and the stresses that come with such problems, Aviaeology's bigger picture is still very bright so we see no reason at all to "shut it down" at this time.

Orders and pre-orders:

Alison continues to handle on-going direct customer orders (via our eBay shop which is our sole current e-commerce site) and wholesaler/dealer orders for existing stock so there are no issues there. HOUSTON, if you have an unresolved issue with an order placed in the past few months as you indicate above, please contact Alison on sales@aviaeology.com and I'm confident that she will get back to you in a timely manner and that the issue, whatever it may be, will get resolved. Looking in the database now, I can see no unresolved flags for orders placed within the past few months as your post above suggests. The "Feedback" panel in our eBay shop also indicates that all is good.

However, if you are referring instead to a pre-paid pre-order, then she would have forwarded it on to me. In this case, the fault's all mine. I'm working on keeping R&D going for an array of future projects while also still working on resolving the production crisis of last year. The latter has been become a real energy zapper, so I may have ducked any recent related personal email on anticipation of having a new e-newsletter out to all hands soon.

Although the most recent previous e-newlsletter was issued mid/late summer to affected pre-order customers and a follow-up was promised, there are still some details to be definitively resolved before I am comfortable reporting absolutes. Unfortunately that follow-up has had to be delayed. I apologize for any stress or uncertainty that affected pre-order customers have had to continue to endure because of this additional delay.

Please consider that we are dealing with four separate jobbers for these particular decal and P/E sets and not all work at the same speeds, especially when we're into reworks (multiple rework cycles in some cases) on items that for most of these sorts of vendors amount to very low production volumes with high customer quality assurance expectations.

EtchSentials Photo-etched Sets:

On the P/E side of things please bear in mind that there are 11 individual brass fret designs across 4 thicknesses involved in the 8 initial EtchSentials sets. Of the individual frets that became problematic for reasons noted in the pre-orders-only newsletter, I am still waiting on two final-change rework sample sets. These should arrive within the coming week (jobber says "before the end of October"). This will in turn give us hard dates for delivery and distribution onward to our waiting customers, as well as a better understanding of what is needed to get currently work-in-progress EtchSentials designs to market in a more timely and trouble free way.

Decals 'n Docs and Airframe Stencil Data Decal Sets:

The decal issues are mostly resolved. It is a freak coincidence that this trouble loomed within the same time period that we were confronted with the P/E production problem. Frankly, just after the summer newsletter I ended up going back to our most-used jobber for the bulk of this work. When we first issued requests for proposals for that release programme's products back in 2016, they were, unfortunately for us, not available for a reasonable delivery timetable due to a saturated work schedule at the time. So we went with an alternate that did not, ultimately and ironically, work out from a delivery timetable point of view and then yet another alternate who ended up not delivering in-tolerance results in good time. Back to now…

This time around with our most-used / preferred jobber their timetable was complicated by a pre-Telford spike in production commitments. However, they usually (beyond 99% in our experience) deliver top-notch work so I okayed production and have to live with the resulting extended timetable, knowing that an excellent end-product is pretty much assured. That speaks for the major sheets within these sets. Some of the more simple (i.e. less colours, less registration issues) sheets across the range of Catalina / Canso / Eagle Sqn Spitfires sets are being produced by a new (to us) jobber who has an excellent reputation and long experience. This two-jobber approach serves to spread the work out on parallel tracks so as not to extend even further the delivery timeline from our most-used jobber.

Once we have the delivery timeline for the final bits of P/E and similar info from the new decal jobber nailed down solid, we will be issuing a new e-newsletter. This one is intended to go to the entire customer base and as such will also include a bullet point list of work-in-progress books (including the Tomahawk volume mentioned elsewhere in this thread), decal sets (again, Tomahawk included…), and P/E sets that we are aiming to release or rerelease within 2018. Assuming the two remaining reworks come next week and the final decal bits get locked to a delivery time (we'll know nearer to the end of next week or early the one after), this newsletter will be issued through early November.

In closing, while I do hope that all affected pre-order customers are able to bear with us a little longer, I completely understand if you do not, considering the circumstances, and would therefore like to remind you that a no-hassles full refund is yours for the asking at anytime before your order is prepared for shipment. Please contact Alison at sales@aviaeology.com at your convenience if you would like to exercise that option.

Thanks again for your incredible patience, and for taking the time to read,
Terry @ SkyGrid Studio / Aviaeology Publishing / CAHS Journal
www.aviaeology.com
stores.ebay.ca/Aviaeology
www.cahs.ca

SkyGrid
123 Church Street
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada N2G 2S3

Terry Higgins: research, editorial, illustration & design
skygrid@bellnet.ca
editor@aviaeology.com
cahsjournal@aviaeology.com
(519) 742-6965

Edited by MARU5137, 20 October 2017 - 10:11 PM.

• Jeff likes this

Res Non Verba .

#44 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

Wow, thanks Maru, this is the most information I have seen on the subject. I have never received an up date by email. Maybe I have fallen off the list, or they are too busy, but thanks, and I will continue to wait and hope that the folks who seem to be dragging their heals will help Terry out and get him his products...... thanks

J

• Nicholas R Larson and MARU5137 like this

#45 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

You should e -mail Alison to remind them you still exist.With So many customers you maybe somewhere down the list... so bring yourself to their attention.

Just saying :whistle:
  • Nicholas R Larson likes this

Res Non Verba .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users