• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Way back on August of 2016 I pre-ordered a couple photo etch sets for my Mosquitoes, the Etch Essentials GEE set, from Aviaeology, I got an email, after requesting what was going on , this email was dated December 4, 2016, Allison said the sets would be delayed 3 to 4 weeks, which by my math should put it somewhere near mid January at best, it is now almost June................... I'm a patient man, but this is a little silly, haven't heard a word since December, i know a lot of you guys pre ordered these sets and the rocket sets, have you received yours yet??  This is certainly taking a long time............. any thoughts?? I don't want to get snotty, butt hey have had my payment in good faith for a very long time... maybe a free set of decals to say sorry??

• harvey and mpk like this

#2 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

message inbound

• harvey, Clunkmeister, Jeff and 1 other like this

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#3 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

I've never had an issue with those folks. Good people all around. I'd assume they're getting enough orders together to get the etching done en masse, but I'm sure they'd gladly refund your money until they get them in if you asked.

Like I said, they're good people, not like some others out there.  And I don't know them, other than in dealing with them.

Personally, (and this is just me), I'd exhaust my attempts to either get my money back or pin them down for a reason, (I'm sure there is a legitimate one), before semi trashing their names in an open forum.

Come to think of it, if you wish, I'll pay you myself and you can pay ME once you get your stuff from them. Send me the amount you're out and your PayPal address and I'll send you the exact amount tonight when I get home.

Edited by Clunkmeister, 23 May 2017 - 10:52 PM.

• Bill_S, harvey, Nanook and 1 other like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#4 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,344 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

They are very good people, I'd suggest you contact them as there is definitely a mix up here.

Ron

• harvey, Clunkmeister, Jeff and 1 other like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#5 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

Oh, I'm sure they will give my money back, I'm just very surprised and a little disappointed, no communication and months in the works...... as a rule I love their products, seems they dropped the ball here though...

• Nanook, Clunkmeister and mpk like this

#6 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

Oh, I'm sure they will give my money back, I'm just very surprised and a little disappointed, no communication and months in the works...... as a rule I love their products, seems they dropped the ball here though...

read your messages

• harvey, Nanook, Jeff and 1 other like this

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#7 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

I've never had an issue with those folks. Good people all around. I'd assume they're getting enough orders together to get the etching done en masse, but I'm sure they'd gladly refund your money until they get them in if you asked.

Like I said, they're good people, not like some others out there.  And I don't know them, other than in dealing with them.

Personally, (and this is just me), I'd exhaust my attempts to either get my money back or pin them down for a reason, (I'm sure there is a legitimate one), before semi trashing their names in an open forum.

Come to think of it, if you wish, I'll pay you myself and you can pay ME once you get your stuff from them. Send me the amount you're out and your PayPal address and I'll send you the exact amount tonight when I get home.

Wow, I wasn't TRASHING their names, and I DON'T want YOUR money I was just ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mpk likes this

#8 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

I've been fortunate enough to have them be a local call and have spoken to Terry a couple times in the last while about these sets and the delays. All my calls have been very positively received and turned into hour long conversations about the hobby and the subjects at hand.

With regards to the PE sets, the first ones that came in were not of the quality that he wanted so they had to start over. I believe they are using a new supplier based on what I recall from my last conversation with him which was mid April. Terry has also made some updates to them based on new information he has received. This updates the plans that were initially included with the Coastal Command set that was released a couple years ago.

There's also been a death in the family and they had to drive basically halfway across the country to deal with all the family obligations that come with that.

Terry mentioned that if anyone wants a refund to please email them and they'll issue it, no questions asked.

I've asked him to possibly sign up here so he could address these concerns himself so hopefully he will at some point.

In case anyone is wondering, I have no business relations with Terry, Allison or Aviaeology except for being a customer of theirs.

Hope that helps,

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR, 23 May 2017 - 11:07 PM.

• harvey, Nanook, Clunkmeister and 2 others like this

#9 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Sorry Jeff, it's the Hydrocodone talking. :(   I'm a bit drugged up. What I meant to say was I think so highly of them that I'd stand behind them personally.  I'm truly looped right now. My apologies.

• Bill_S, williamj, Martinnfb and 5 others like this

#10 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Sorry Jeff, it's the Hydrocodone talking. :(   I'm a bit drugged up. What I meant to say was I think so highly of them that I'd stand behind them personally.  I'm truly looped right now. My apologies.

NO worries, that caught me off guard, I appreciate your honesty.......my apologies for blasting back....  geez now I feel like a Pratt............. I am very sensitive to anyone who is in bother, and if the folks at Aviaeology have had an issue, I have No problem with that under any circumstances, life goes on, and is more important than model stuff... I was more curious as to if you guys had got your goodies, so I could ask the folks the correct questions, before I made an ass out of  myself.... I was asking as I was fairly sure there would be a very good explanation, and it seems there is, thanks Carl, I don't need them right this second anyway...... PLEASE don't take my query as any sort of trashing, that was certainly NOT my intention in any form.................... curiosity, and to show that I am a patient guy,  my apologies if I offended anyone, not my intention 

• Anthony in NZ, Martinnfb, harvey and 4 others like this

#11 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

No problem, Jeff. I just know these guys have done me right, several times. 

The modeling community is very small, especially the modeling community who models to the standard we strive for, and most of these small Companies are small Mom and Pop operations. It takes very little to ruin someone. A misread post, a misunderstanding, or even an actual screw up, so I try hard to exhaust all avenues before posting publically. I knock on wood, I've only been screwed over twice. And both by private individuals, not a company.

• Martinnfb, harvey, BloorwestSiR and 3 others like this

#12 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

The gist of the first post was to ask if you guys had received anything be it a note or the items, and I'm sure in my clumsy way I didn't word it right or came across as 'P/O'ed but not really, as  it was part of the investigation as it were, to see if maybe they had sent it, and good old Canada post had messed it up ( which has happened)  or forgotten about or something............ I have learned a bit of a lesson here............

• harvey, BloorwestSiR and mpk like this

#13 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

Canada post??? Never!  After all, it took Canada Post 10 months to get a letter from Martin in BC to Anna, Tx. 10 MONTHS!

• harvey, LSP_Typhoonattack, BloorwestSiR and 2 others like this

#14 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

What happened to the Mossie double rocket rails that where due last October? Have they been cancelled or are they the photoetch people are talking about?
I think there where several people at LSP who where looking at picking them up.
  • harvey, Jeff and mpk like this

#15 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Darren, yeah, it was the rocket rails and the GEE sets I was asking about, and it sounds like the folks at Aviaeology have had some family stuff to deal with, so I am ok with waiting , I was just very curious as to the status as well......

• mpk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users