56 squadron Spitfire IX LF

Your progress on the Spitfire is sensational, such is your painting of the Austrian Alps and enjoy paragliding, I did it twice (tandem though) and enjoyed every second of it.

Lothar

The paragliding Lothar and Dennis was sensational, it's given me the incentive for learning how to my a "kite" of my own, we've some good locations locally off the scarp face of the Salisbury Plain.

Anyhow, a bit of progress with the Spit!  This is installing the Barracuda starboard cockpit side, prep with removing moulded detail then fitted:

DSCN9949_zpsygpgwdws.jpg

Interesting to compare the Tamiya interior with Barracuda's:

DSCN9951_zpsrlcu3mn5.jpg

Port side tomorrow I hope and finalise the engine, just the oil pump to beat into place. :)
Max

Looks good! I think we'll need a good shot of primer to really appreciate the detail -- looking forward to it.

Looks better already

Cheers

Dennis

Agreed with you both, I'm really eager to get on with the paint job for the cockpit, should have at least an afternoon bench time tomorrow!!! :)

Max

Guest Peterpools

HI Max

Glad you had an enjoyable time paragliding Lothar and Dennis; sure hope you took a ton of photographs. I'm right with you when it comes to Barracuda resin interior sets, I just can't get enough of them - they sure are addictive.

Keep 'em comng

peter

Hi Max, welcome home.

The Barracuda resin does look a bit more intricate than the kit sidewall. I hope it's visible with the seat in place.

This should be a visual treat under paint. Looking forward to your next update.

Cheers.

Slow progress I'm afraid Guy, with golf and gardening making demands on my time. Out today too but hopefully some pics tomorrow. To be honest I've also got half of my mind on the Anson that I'm doing for the Winkle Brown tribute GB too, bits of research, planning, ordering........ :) :)

Edited by mozart

(In my best Terry Thomas voice)

"I say. You there. That man. Stop your lollygagging and get back to work. You're an absolute shower!" :innocent:

Actually Max, you've already completed one Spitfire for this group build which is 100% more than me so I can let you off.

However, I am eager to see more progress on your second spit so if you do get any time on it during April showers please post a pic or three.... :)

Edited by geedubelyer

(In my best Terry Thomas voice)

"I say. You there. That man. Stop your lollygagging and get back to work. You're an absolute shower!" :innocent:

Actually Max, you've already completed one Spitfire for this group build which is 100% more than me so I can let you off.

However, I am eager to see more progress on your second spit so if you do get any time on it during April showers please post a pic or three.... :)

Sorry about that Guy and Shaka, I have been making slow progress but haven't taken any pics yet. I've had a bit of a shock recently when my website featuring 10 years of research into the fate of a Lancaster from 467 squadron suddenly disappeared. I've since found the "format" is no longer supported by the host company so I've been frantically salvaging the material into an archive so that I can rebuild it in a more modern format......oh and I've also had a painting commission which has to be finished by 21st, so busy busy busy!!! More soon though, promise!! :) :)

Max

Later than I thought, but just to show that I'm still in the game, some progress shots.  The cockpit wall is far from complete; bits still to be added, a little more wiring and then the whole weathered slightly to bring it all together, then of course the port wall to do:

DSCN9957_zpsrq2pva71.jpg

The engine is just about finished though, a couple of minor mating faces on some pipe runs to be made good but I think that's about it:

DSCN9959_zps6rzuttzn.jpg

No chance to do any more though till Tuesday afternoon at the earliest I'm afraid... :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic: