Kawasaki Ki-61-I Hien | ST 28 Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

Thanks, Gents :)

Groovy, psychedelic.  Brings back fond memories.

Sincerely,

Mark

I'm afraid that this effect will disappear after completion of the painting stage ;). I hope, however, that the completed Swallow will bring some positive emotions and memories too. So keep fingers crossed :)

Today the postman should deliver the glossy black primer - so there's a chance to deal with NMF this weekend.

Best 

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...

With my heart in my mouth and shaking hands I pilled off the masks... The patient survived!

Well, there are some areas, that need to be addressed (around the left wheel well for example), but overall I'm quite happy with how it looks.

The airframe has been sprayed with Vallejo Liquid Silver, white is Gunze H paint. 

y12hmA.jpg

tKi4Xl.jpg

DY7Ej3.jpg

yJg2pP.jpg

5n8ZAp.jpg

cpOF7c.jpg

qKuaPR.jpg

2QEVEK.jpg

q0tHYz.jpg

8UlNCo.jpg

iHPT3e.jpg

Best

Hubert

Thanks for your nice comments :)

Now that's the stuff!! Looking great. Are you going to do any weathering?

Don

Sure I am - as usual in my workshop, it will be a mix of AK's and MIG's washes and pigments.

I rather prefer postshading than preshading.

It is also worth to consider, that the Japanese airplanes were usually kept clean on the ground, probably due to the propaganda purposes. That's why it is so hard to find a photo of a worn aircraft in service (of course this does not apply to the captured or abandoned planes). So I'm going to apply the weathering rather moderately, so that it is not overdone.

Best

Hubert

Many thanks for your nice comments.

No progress since my last update - that's one of four of my currently active projects (out of about ten or so started), so she's just waiting for her turn. Probably this weekend will apply the gloss coat and start with washes and pigments. 

That's my usual way -  thus I avoid monotony and have more time to consider the next steps - haste is a bad counselor.

Unfortunately all of my other projects are smaller scale planes (1:48 Ki-61-II Kai from RS Models, Ki-100 from Hasegawa, Arsenal VG.36 from Azur, PZL-43 from Mirage Hobby) or 1:35 vehicles (Zrinyi II from Bronco, Toldi II from Hobby Boss, Tamiya's Pz. IV d with some enhancements...) - not suitable for LSP Forum - but if you like you can find them at my blog. 

Best 
Hubert

Unfortunately all of my other projects are smaller scale planes (1:48 Ki-61-II Kai from RS Models, Ki-100 from Hasegawa, Arsenal VG.36 from Azur, PZL-43 from Mirage Hobby) or 1:35 vehicles (Zrinyi II from Bronco, Toldi II from Hobby Boss, Tamiya's Pz. IV d with some enhancements...) - not suitable for LSP Forum - but if you like you can find them at my blog.

Hubert, you can always post them in the Non-LSP Works forum!

Kev