Kawasaki Ki61-I Hein. (To be completed)

mpk

Dale, Really nice progress and lovely looking cockpit.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy.

Work has been continuing, but mainly getting the body looking decent under the black primer. 

Everything else is pretty much done. It's now at a point where I am waiting for paint to dry. So while I wait I've been working on a large PE set. Simply because I cannot do it.

Practice practice practice. (Story of my life)

My constant enemy where I live is dust. Old building next to a busy intersection. So you may see some lying atop the black primer. :)

20170522_133231_zpsd2wz11om.jpg

Progress is good.  Dust sux.  Now all you need is a cat or dog 'enhance' your paintwork with airborn hairs.

I don't need a cat or a dog. My hair falls out just fine. ;)

Cheers Gaz. :)

Dust's a killer ... babe of my life now that I'm working on a high gloss finish. But your Tony is looking great Dale, can't wait to see you nail it.

Jim

Cheers Jim. 

Hey, did you notice how I carefully removed the rear wheel (broke it off) so as to strengthen it, so it's stronger later?

:D

Guys, I have a question.

Back in the olden days, I used to use invisible thread as aerial wire on 1/48's.

What is best now, and how does one go about tightening it?

I see I cleverly bought (can't recall :mental: ) 2 spools of Ezy line. I have both heavy and fine spools. 30.5 meters! Not bad value.

Is this what is used and how does it work?

Many thanks.

Edited by mpk

Dale,

She's lookin' pretty darn good in her black base coat. 

dust is everyone's enemy. My house as central air, which I thought would help control the dust, but it doesn't. The cat never leaves me alone. Tried to keep the door closed, but he just scratches the door and cries.  I vac and dust the model room regularly, but still I fight the never ending dust battle and just never win. 

For antennas, I'm still using stretched sprue which I shrink with a birthday candle. 

Joel

The EZ line is elastic if I remember correctly, I use some similar elastic Aeroclub thread that I have had for ages, what I do is drill very fine holes, anchor one end in a hole with CA, allow the CA to fully dry and then stretch the line to the second hole.

To positively fit the end of the thread I normally drill a hole and use some fine plastic rod to trap it in place, a bit like this below.

Not my favourite job at all.

FIDDLY%20BITS%202_zpsxnj94zje.jpg 

Cheers

Dennis