Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

Beautiful work as always Wolf.

I noticed that you used an Archer fine data stencil in the cockpit. I've searched their catalogue and can't seem to find that anywhere.

Can you point us in the right direction?

Thanks, Chuck.

Beautiful work as always Wolf.

I noticed that you used an Archer fine data stencil in the cockpit. I've searched their catalogue and can't seem to find that anywhere.

Can you point us in the right direction?

Thanks, Chuck.

Not sure how I missed the data placards on Archers website before, but I found them in the aircraft section for those who are interested.

• 3 months later...

Amazing work.  I have to admit, I've got mixed feelings about this build.  On one hand, I'm learning a great deal for my upcoming F4U-1D.  On the other, this guy is so frickin' good it makes me not even want to try.....

That being said, I guess I have to ask - any updates Wolf?  

Hi John,

Thanks for the compliment!

Unfortunately I haven't had any bench time for a while now. Summer seems to have brought that to a screeching halt. Right now I have my two oldest granddaughters visiting so I haven't even been in the same part of the house as my work bench LOL! I had lots of great inspiration at the Nats in Phoenix but haven't been able to convert that into anything yet.............but soon. 

You are going to love your F4U-1D kit. It's a freakin' amazing kit!

Cheers,

Wolf

2 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Hi John,

Thanks for the compliment!

Unfortunately I haven't had any bench time for a while now. Summer seems to have brought that to a screeching halt. Right now I have my two oldest granddaughters visiting so I haven't even been in the same part of the house as my work bench LOL! I had lots of great inspiration at the Nats in Phoenix but haven't been able to convert that into anything yet.............but soon. 

You are going to love your F4U-1D kit. It's a freakin' amazing kit!

Cheers,

Wolf

Agreed about the great inspiration and all. I had hopes for my FG-1, but it just got lost in the crowd. 32nd scale single engine prop was heavily entered, and my model as a factory fresh plane just didn't really stand apart from the pack. But it was worth the trip and i didn't come home empty handed.

-d-

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well.....the world is a rapidly changing place and as a result I'm self isolating as well as laid off from my place of employment I was at for just over 30 years. Hopefully it's temporary. As s result the extra time I now have has brought me back to my Corsair build. I'm learning to use our new computer at home plus re-acquainting myself with the joy of using Photobucket. I'm a little slow on the uptake and as a result my photos may not be the best but it's a start. I'll try and take some better ones later now that I have an idea (somewhat) of what I'm doing.

Cheers,

Wolf

Corsair-F4U-1A-1.jpg

F4U-!A-2.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee