Hornets, Intruders and Harriers oh my! Can't decide, need phot

Dave Roof

Gentlemen,

I have lived in my current house since 2007 and do not have a single finished model to display. I have finished 4 in the past 5 years, but they were all for other people as gifts. The time has come for me to sit the f%$k down at the bench and actually finish a damn model. Going through the stash, the following new, untouched kits have been pulled and aftermarket has been gathered.

Academy F/A-18D

Trumpeter A-6E

Trumpeter AV-8B II Plus

15 of my 22 year career was spent repairing the missile launchers, bomb racks and M61A1 on the F/A-18 and I have thousands of photos, technical manuals, books, etc. on the aircraft.

There is an A-6E 20 minutes from the house

From my time at Cherry Point, I amassed a little over 1000 photos of the Harrier, took measurements and have a few technical pubs

Armed with some killer reference material and awesome aftermarket, I can't decide which one to start! Here is where I need your help. If you've completed any of the above kits, please post photos of the completed builds in response to this post. I need motivation! I'm going to take a few days going through the photos and make a decision.

Help me LSP!!!!! :)

Edited by Dave Roof

Guest Smitty44

I want to build more Harriers so bad, but ugg! Keep waiting for solutions, to no avail. I can live with it , but wish I did not have too. I have Eli's 214 markings for the Plus and all the bells and whistles as well.

I too vote Marine Intruder.

You do know a lot. When you decide which to build: Pull out the kit, the instructions and the most important references. Par the kit and then mark up the kit instructions indicating what you are going to modify for what ever reason. Sign and date the front page and the stick to it. This will help you get the bad a$$ bird done.

Rick

Good choice, just don't get too hung up on the details.  Enjoy the build.

Actually, my intention is to get hung up on the details. This is going to be a long term project and something I've wanted to do for a long time. I have nine 32nd Academy Hornets and the other eight will just be built without worrying about the details!

The only items I'm still debating is the ordnance load and whether or not to include aircrew.

Dave, sounds like you owe yourself a Hornet build... if I could buy a 1/32 of the aircraft I have spent almost two years of my life (in terms of hours!!) sitting in, I would build myself one!

Get crack'in Marine and make us proud!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria