Monogram Mustang - Mojo Mender

xmh53wrench

I can't believe you're not going to be building this one with the working gear and bombs! :(

I have one more of the silver kit and two Phantom Mustangs that I will be getting the opportunity to do just that  :)

This kit was basically a bunch of extra parts that I received and there was enough (with a bit of scratch building) to generate this build.

:DodgeBall:  :DodgeBall: "Its all 'BOUT THAT PAINT, BOUT THAT PAINT, BOUT THAT PAINT....no trouble........". :DodgeBall:  :DodgeBall:

Guest Peterpools

Lou

I had to do a triple take to find your Buddy. Tremendous progress on the 'Stang.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Still adding some detail to the cockpit.  Using card to make some stringers, bulkheads and floors.  I plan on using a few of the parts from the kit for the sidewalls, 

Also made a make-shift hub of sorts to help index a set of spare Hamilton Standard cuffed prop blades as I didnt want to use the uncuffed kit blades.

IMAG2579_zps42490a97.jpg

Its good to be back at the bench...

Thanks Kev and Peter.  This is all new to me, compared to you guys.  As a kid I didnt have any interest in building anything but car models.  The only airplane I remember having as a kid was the Monogram 1/48 B-17 that I got for Christmas one year.......that box was huge!!!!

So almost ready to button up the fuselage.  Still need to finish painting up the pilot, and I am not happy with how low the fuselage tank sits, so I will be figuring out something to do about that.  And I need to fab up an equipment rack for the battery and radio.  So far so good I think, not that bad of a kit.  I did notice that the landing gear door fit leave much to be desired, and the tail wheel opening is way off.  Stay tuned.....

IMAG2596_zps0b0d1abd.jpg

IMAG2598_zps532abe06.jpg

IMAG2599_zps4853d183.jpg