Nakajima B5N2 Kate: FINISHED

Allok

I've been checking out the paper model sites for about a year now. It's amazing what detail you see them put into a model built from paper. That Zero cowling is more than awesome. I ended up buying a few of them myself for things that we aren't likely to see in 32nd. I have a Polish model of the MIG-31 which is huge from what I've seen of one being built on line. I can either build it as is in 33rd or scale it up to 32nd. Its nice in that it comes with a vac canopy. Every thing else is paper.

I look forward to seeing this Kate built.

Sabre

Here's a bit more cockpit.

I'm not sure what sort of a job you guys are expecting me to do here, considering this is my first attempt at something like this...

It's quite possible I will need the full three months to do this. I was hoping to make a P-40 as well (out of plastic), I'll see how it goes.

B5N2Cockpitfloorseats1-1.jpg

B5N2Cockpitfloorseats2-1.jpg

Hi Allok,

So far, it looks like you've been able to tame the beast! I'm going to have to try another one of these- Just a simple one, without too many bells and whistles. And I think Larry is correct- I think these ARE a step up from vacs. And when you find out who slipped a pill in your coffee, remember to share! :rolleyes:

Lee

Looking good so far.

This reminds me when I build my first wooden model. I also said I was just going to do one. Most know how many I've build.

Before you know it,you might get hooked on paper models.

Guest canuck63

Here’s the link to the Zero model

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=101141&t=80721

And here’s one to a Ju 88

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1...993#reply_64050

Both are in I believe Polish but the photos gave me some good ideas for when I try mine. I just ran across a Japanese site that has some short but good how to videos on building paper models, if you want, I will look for the link again and post it.

What these dudes can do with paper is simply AMAZING :) :blink: :blink: ...the Zero's wheel wells are way nicer than Tamiya's....they just require plumbing, a few ribs and holes and voila.....Zeke wells worthy of the name!

Hope to see the Kate finished soon!

Cheers

Manu

Your fuselage looks really great! It’s coming along nicely. If you want to make yours different, it is possible to paint them, you just need to seal the paper. From reading on the message boards, but the guys do either use a fixit spray that artists used to seal pencil or charcoal drawings, and some have used clear paint. I haven’t done neither but I want to try the fixit spray. Best to try it on some of the leftover scraps to see what it does to the paper.

This model gives you several options/shortcuts along the way. One of them is the engine.

Shown here is the alternative engine which is just a pic of the motor that gets glued just inside the front of the cowl. Behind that, you can see the 3D engine... Pretty darn cool!

Pictures213-1.jpg

Another shot.

Pictures212.jpg

There is lots of room to add some really cool detail in here. But as this is going to end up suspended from the ceiling of my sons room, (Due late July) I'm not going to bother.

Here's a shot of the fuse showing the motor, cowl assembly and the progress on the tail section.

Pictures214.jpg

Hey look Erwin... A model you don't have to paint!

Think I'll send you a present.

I'm really interested in this build!

I just bought a paper Val, Kate, and Ki-115 Tsurgi.

My thought was to combine plastic parts with the paper components.

Glue the paper formers over styrene and

coat the outside with automotive fiberglass and

make a sort of hybrid.

I think the Tsurgi is the perfect candidate for this approach because it was such a crudely finished craft in the first place.

Mike