Trumpter A-10A

Texas

Hey, Tex that is one big beast of a model you have there! Every time I think of starting one i get scared off. :)

Harv, the brighter of the green colors seems a bit 'vivid' to me as well, but I think a final dull-coat will tame it quite a bit.

You're almost home now, Texas! Get 'er done!

You bet, great work.

So, where did the sharks teeth come from?

You might want to give the decals a good slathering of Sol, let them really dry out and wash the surface of the model before you do the dull coat.

Good luck.

Thanks Guys......I have used Sol and used Sol on these decals and I believe there going to lay down OK....I still have a few of the Trumpter data markings I am going to try to use as they show prominently on the photos I have of the A-10.....

Oh yes the Shark Mouth decals.....I thought there might be a guess or two but since there's not here's the story.....After the Cutting Edge ones broke apart and Trumpeter's were just as bad I searched the web for A-10 decals but didn't find any currently out.....I then searched through my stash of decals and found three or four with shark mouths....I looked them over to see if any might be close to what I needed and found that one looked promising....I figured I would give them a try and if they didn't work I could always mask and paint the shark mouth on....

The decals I used are from a old Superscale International decal sheet No. 32-85 for a F-14 Tomcat VF-111 Miss Molly......They were quite pliable and laid down great with liberal amounts of Sol of course....So there you have it......

Texas :) :) :thumbsup:

Update......The second round of family visiting this summer has ended and I can get back to modeling....Decals on and future applied.....Weathering starts next...

Decalsbf.jpg

Decalsbe.jpg

Decalsbc.jpg

Decalsbb.jpg

Decalsba.jpg

Decalsb.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :innocent:

No Update but it looks like this Group Build is over so I will continue over in the In Progress....I should have a update in a few days as I have been trying to get the weapons sorted out as to what I want to hang under this old bird....Any Suggestions?????

Texas :tumble:

Thanks Harvey......Maybe I should even add a couple of Alligators for good measure since this bird is from England AFB before it closed......That way everything would go together with the Swamp Green and all...LOL

Texas :tumble: :rofl: :thumbsup: