Joe's "Backyard Paradise"-Updates-02/18

mustang1989

I got the black top cut, painted and applied to the top of the tool box. I also got my laptop painted and applied BMF in the areas where the "intel inside" and "Dell" stickers were below the keyboard. I took a picture of a screensaver on my "real" laptop that has my favorite photo of my wife and son at the beach here in Corpus , sized it down to 2% and printed it on photo paper then cut it out and adhered it to the laptop monitor then glued that to the top of the tool box. I also cut out, folded and glued the paper bag for the burgers and fries together and glued that to the top of the box. Burgers, fries and some tools coming soon........

003_zpspbtbu9b7.jpg

Thanks Gary and Jim! 

Love it! That laptop is terrific, can't wait to see the burgers ... almost never see food modelled here on LSP!

Jim

I got through with the tool box with the addition of the burgers and fries as well as some other fun items. Had to play around with the color for a while on the buns, meat patty and fries till I got what shade I liked. The cheese on the burger is a section of yellow Post It pad that I cut out and adhered into place. A subtle wash from Mig Productions was applied onto the fries to help bring the detail out some and to give them a true "fries" look. I also put a dab of Molotow chrome on the toolbox drawer lock bezel. So far I'm good with this:

Recent%20Photos_zpslh0krs6u.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

I'm thinking that bag and cups should say "Whataburger" on them, but then I guess that would be a copyright infringement, or would it be?  Whataburger is a Texas legend for sure.  I'm starting to salivate thinking about a double cheese with jalapenos and bacon added to it, with a strawberry shake for a chaser.  A well rounded meal indeed that would stay with you for a long while.    Ahhhhhh, life's simple pleasures.  Grin. :)

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by Patrick HMD

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this one folks. Hurricane Harvey hit the coast last Friday and we got tha hell outta Dodge the day before it did. Been in recovery operations to the homestead since we've got back which wasn't that bad. Lots of clean up and a fence to replace. All in all we got off light. Rockport, Ingleside and Aransas Pass didn't fare as well..........................at all.

Getting back on this one folks.

Thanks Kevin , Mark and Gary. I went over to the Rockport area to help out yesterday and those folks got it tons worse than we did over here. 

Walls are coming together and I've got a couple of more things done here. The welder I've actually had about 80% completed for years now and didn't realize that until I opened the box up again for the first time in like...........a decade. I just finished the engine stand and am now working on the shop desk. Right now that doesn't have anything on it but I'm working on painting up a camera, then there'll be a coffee pot and a couple of cups and some other miscellaneous things on there. I added a couple of items in there just for fun.

Progress_zpsaofkf1ah.jpg

And here's the desk and chair that I've been working on for the last week. I ended up building the resin coffee pot kit that I had, the camera came from the Fujimi tools kit as did the chair. Coffee cup is resin and was cleaned up and drilled out. Coffee can is also a resin kit. I felt something was missing from the desk top so I've got a microwave kit coming and will probably put a piece of notebook paper and a pencil on the desktop as well.

Desk%20and%20Chair_zpsmdgqnfpt.jpg