1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

According to my knowledge - the mustang and Texan wheel hubs are the same. Tyres obviously varied a fair bit so you would have to see what you want to model in that regard, tyres with tread or the more plain Texan tyres.

The tailwheels are not the same - BUT I dont know about the hub, but its such a small piece that you could probably get away with using alternatives.

I have never seen a Mustang with a Texan style tailwheel - presumably Mustangs needed something more solid and hence the squared off harder rubber wheel.

Max, I got my Harvard Mk1 vacform set and although Im not into Harvard Mk1's at all, I got quite interested in this and decided I would build it, so have started this. Do you reckon its worth making a build log for? Just trimming out the pieces for vacform deserves a medal in itself!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently started my commission build of the Texan T-6. In 2016 he bought the real aircraft in Sweden. After a extensive re-paint, the T-6 is now in the Dutch Marine colors, with approval.

This is the Texan T-6 in the new colors during the first flight after the re-paint. 

qw0kAS.jpg

I started my build and your work is great and very inspiring.

Eric

It really is incredible to see just how many issues there are of a kit where 1:1 examples are available to reference in practically every country on the planet. Bravo for all the work you've done so far.

• 3 months later...

Well being a new year and all - and before I have time to break all my new years resolutions - i have scheduled this one and the BC1 to get attention

My new years resolution this year is to remember what the resolutions were a month after making them.

My model room is cleaned up so I can find stuff

and I've almost finished the tasks my wife hijacked me to do in January like painting the laundry