1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

.......the one thing I find surprising about Telford is the sheer quality of the builds where you think to yourself - wow, I haven't seen that in a build thread, its like this big hidden world of talent so I definately do not think I am going to do well, I think it's about the experience, and reading the US Nats threads I am actually quite scared of being judged as up to now I am my worst critic, I am not sure how I feel about opening that up to judges scrutiny - I hope I can take it!

Sure! There is some amazing talent out there, and some amazing models get shown at Telford (and the US Nats of course). Most of the time though, I look at the photos, and as amazing as the builds are, I know they are models.

What you're showing us here Peter, is something that is hard to distinguish from the real thing. As some here know, I've spent time working around real Spitfires, and I've had to double take most of your work. It's that close to the real thing.....period. If this beauty of a build doesn't walk away with best of show, then the judges know stuff all about the real subject matter.

Best regards;

Steve

Peter - please stop it!

You are killing us! ...Be merciful! I beg of you!

This just isn't right - you know?  

We all here, just aren't up to these standards of impossible modelling!.. 

what's next?... a miniature plane in a bottle?

Phil

P.S.: I think this one tops everything i've seen... short of nano brain surgery...

Edited by Piprm

Peter - please stop it!

You are killing us! ...Be merciful! I beg of you!

This just isn't right - you know?  

We all here, just aren't up to these standards of impossible modelling!.. 

what's next?... a miniature plane in a bottle?

Phil

P.S.: I think this one tops everything i've seen... short of nano brain surgery...

2nd. No more words.

Cheers

Rainer