7 replies to this topic

#1 Collin

Collin

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

Similar to your excellent Sea Fury/Panther kits?

Had to ask.

Cheers
Collin
  • Peterpools and Jolly Roger like this

#2 R Palimaka

R Palimaka

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Oooh...I don't think that's one I would do in resin.

I think it's a matter of economics for Fisher Models . Although Paul's F6F would certainly be exactly what modellers would want in accuracy and finesse and quality, it's also an aircraft that one of the mainstream companies will likely do eventually. It has also been done by Hasegawa and Trumpeter and sold thousands. I don't think there would be enough financial return on the sweat and money put into it. I think he would have more success doing what he's doing so well, aircraft just off the mainstream that might be a risk for the IM companies. Although that might not explain the 1/32 Caudron C.714 kit or Trumpeter's Yak 18... :-)

Just my thoughts, Paul is the man in charge...

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka, 14 June 2017 - 12:57 PM.

• paul fisher and Peterpools like this

#3 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

Wow...

That's a good one...Knowing my love for all things Navy with wings ( and hulls and conning towers..) I do love the Hellcat but as mentioned above it would be fiscal suicide. But thanks for the suggestion!

Paul

• Harold and Peterpools like this

#4 DougN

DougN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Oooh...I don't think that's one I would do in resin.

I think it's a matter of economics for Fisher Models . Although Paul's F6F would certainly be exactly what modellers would want in accuracy and finesse and quality, it's also an aircraft that one of the mainstream companies will likely do eventually. It has also been done by Hasegawa and Trumpeter and sold thousands. I don't think there would be enough financial return on the sweat and money put into it. I think he would have more success doing what he's doing so well, aircraft just off the mainstream that might be a risk for the IM companies. Although that might not explain the 1/32 Caudron C.714 kit or Trumpeter's Yak 18... :-)

Just my thoughts, Paul is the man in charge...

Richard

Perhaps, but I think the customer for a Fisher F6F is one who wants an accurate F6F and is willing to pay for it. The existing Trumpeter and Hasegawa kits have a number of issues in that area, so I don't think they are competition in this case. Those will be fine for someone who just wants something that looks like an F6F and is willing to live with or doesn't care about the issues. I may be wrong, but I don't think those that just want something that looks like the subject are the customers for high-end, accurate, Fisher product.
  • R Palimaka likes this

#5 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

It sure would be a treat for Paul to tackle a Hellcat but as Paul said, just too dicey.

Of course, a F11F1F Tiger would surely be a treat and I've been pleading for one for years.

I have a number of Paul's kits and have built a few, with the Sea Fury being my favorite and the center of my collection.

Peter

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#6 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

How about just an accurate fuselage that fits the trumpeter wing? Nothing wrong with their wing, right? Just the fuse that so hosed up?

-Patrick

#7 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Patrick

Excellent suggestion. I have the Trumpeter F6F-3 and would that be a wonderful Christmas gift? :please:

Peter

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#8 R Palimaka

R Palimaka

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Perhaps, but I think the customer for a Fisher F6F is one who wants an accurate F6F and is willing to pay for it. The existing Trumpeter and Hasegawa kits have a number of issues in that area, so I don't think they are competition in this case. 

I don't disagree with any of this, but I was thinking more about Mr. Fischer being able to make it a viable kit for himself and his company. As he said above, it would be fiscal suicide. 

• Peterpools likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users