F-16 Thunderbirds Tamiya: Evil Bay: 614 USD!!!

timvkampen

Ridiculous prices for a kit that's not really interesting to me. I dumped Ebay long time ago so in my opinion.....who cares :mental:

On the other hand, if people want to pay such stupid prices, well, let them.....it's their money so no harm done :evil_laugh:

Now it's time to explain the wife why their was 500+ $ withdrawn from the account :goodjob:

Greetz

Danny

Guest Peterpools

Another lets ask for the sky and maybe we'll get lucky.

I only buy on eBay as a last resort and with a fixed price in mind. If it's more then that; I walk. I also refuse now to buy from overseas venders as the price for shipping is normally way too much. Yup, I'm learning to live without if necessary.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I tend to look to Amazon before I look to EBay.  I've purchased items on both and as with everything - I buy if the price is worth it to me.  The last two words being the most critical.  But I do laugh at some of the prices I've seen on EBay for various things, however.

I have a Tamiya 1/32 Mustang - I wonder if I can sell it on EBay for $200?   :rofl:  :mental:

Chris

Can somebody explain to me why Tamiya is simply not re-releasing the 1/32 Thunderbird F-16 and offering it on a

permanent basis ? Their mould is fully paid now and they can simply made a lot of money with it.

The same question can apply for the 1/32 Academy F-16.

:mental:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

Guest The Southern Bandit

Can somebody explain to me why Tamiya is simply not re-releasing the 1/32 Thunderbird F-16 and offering it on a

permanent basis ? Their mould is fully paid now and they can simply made a lot of money with it.

Often wondered this too, this kit I'd buy if it was available in UK at a decent price, and when I say decent price, just a regular Tamiya high price for a kit like this would do me. Is it the complicated decal sheet holding it back I wonder? or perhaps the in-flight stand the kit comes with that might be the bottle neck? Perhaps that part of the kit was outsourced? I really don't know, could be any number of reasons but would love one, have the 1/48 Tamiya Thunderbird F-16 that I will practise on should I ever score the 1/32 kit, spraying white has never been my strong point :)

Would be nice if they just repopped it in grey plastic, with both types of inlet and nozzle, in a plain brown box marked "F-16 overtrees"

As for Ebay, it's a great facility to buy, but I have yet to try selling.

Tony

Prezactly. "Evilbay" - I don't get it.  What's "evil" about it?  You sell, you buy.  Nobody's holding a gun to anybody's head.

I call it evilbay because of the companies 'buyer protection' policies which have become a well known source for thieves to take advantage of. Its getting to easy for buyers to make false claims in order to get the items for free...ripping of the honest sellers...yup..there were some bad sellers for a number of years, now its flipped ,and theres just too many scamming buyers, cause they know the buyer will win the case and get it for free!