Carnage in the Falaise cauldron

JRutman

Great modelling skills, but don't like. Too morbid, unless it's part of a bigger museum exhibit used for educational purposes.

And I'm not a PC kind of guy.

No offence intended. Leave death for the CGI nutters.

Tony

Jerry,

it looks awsome as it stands even if I agree about the wipers.

One thing thought ... and I say that because I know you aim for "perfection" my friend:

Windscreen looks awsome but I thing that in 1944, the windscreenswere made from "simple" glass so that when they break, they break into several big pièces of glass.

Later, for obvious safety reasons, people put a "leef" (I do not know how it is called in E) into the glass so that when it breaks it breaks in thousands of very small pièces which is much safer for the people inside the car.

Despite the striking look of it, windscreen looks to me like a "1970" windscreen mate.

That's really is a small detail and once again, looks great but I thought I should tell you  ;)

Jerry,

it looks awsome as it stands even if I agree about the wipers.

One thing thought ... and I say that because I know you aim for "perfection" my friend:

Windscreen looks awsome but I thing that in 1944, the windscreenswere made from "simple" glass so that when they break, they break into several big pièces of glass.

Later, for obvious safety reasons, people put a "leef" (I do not know how it is called in E) into the glass so that when it breaks it breaks in thousands of very small pièces which is much safer for the people inside the car.

Despite the striking look of it, windscreen looks to me like a "1970" windscreen mate.

That's really is a small detail and once again, looks great but I thought I should tell you  ;)

Thanks for the kind words bubba.

I know what you mean about the safety glass. Before I built this I looked on the internet and found that safety glass started being used in the 1930s. I also have a pic of a car like this that shows the glass shattered and not cracked. So I went with this look.

J

They met their demise through schrapnel wounds. I made some resin copies of the old old Italerei horses and then modified the resin copies with the same re-positioning methods used for human figs. The harnesses are lead foil and wire.

I assume this answers your question?

J

Yep. Skillful, Dude, skillful.

Since the windshield wipers are tensioned with a spring, they would likely push into the interior without the glass there to hold them back. As it is, they look like part of a model and not your usual outstanding work.

Edited by Bill Cross

Thanks again guys for your kind remarks and suggestions.

I have replaced those egregious wiper blades and reduced the size of the safety glass bit,added the back seat dead guy and some paperwork,etc to the inside of the vehicle and made a few more branches.  I want more branches on the front bumper,then this baby is ready for the fork.  Oh yes,and the dead Oberst laying half out of the door.

cammob005_zps619b6944.jpg

cammob004_zps0c1559ea.jpg

cammob003_zps94350c87.jpg

cammob002_zps68f13f56.jpg

cammob001_zps43c9cdc4.jpg