AMS Strikes! Me-163S

Brent

I already had the kit. I made a deal for a conversion (thanks Rick!). Now I'm ready to get to work. Disaster strikes!

The conversion tells me the rearview windows on the Me-163 were solid panels. However, all my refs CLEARLY (get it?) show windows in the back. The conversion doesn't allow for this.

So, I can make the model as is. Just fill in the back windows. Nobody will know, right?

Or, I can scratch build a new rear section for the Me-163S. Looks like I'll be firing up the vac-form table...

Last ditch: has anyone ever seen photographic evidence of the Me-163S with no back windows?

1662170_orig.jpg

Anyone have a trashed Hasegawa Me-163? I need one to use as a master. A wrecked kit is fine. I only want the fuse halves and the canopy.

I will post this on the trader's board too.

Thanks!

Brent

No pix yet. But work is progressing.

Riddle me this: The Russians found the Me-163. They hauled it back to Russia to test it. How do you figure it made it? Was it loaded on a truck? Train? Ship?

All my references state that they captured some. Poof! They are in Russia. I'd love to find a few pics of the Soviets transporting war booty. Any help?

Thank you!

Brent

• 3 weeks later...

No pix yet. But work is progressing.

Riddle me this: The Russians found the Me-163. They hauled it back to Russia to test it. How do you figure it made it? Was it loaded on a truck? Train? Ship?

All my references state that they captured some. Poof! They are in Russia. I'd love to find a few pics of the Soviets transporting war booty. Any help?

Thank you!

Brent

Probably by train.