Revell Mosquito

Ted Barrett

Hi Kev,

Alas and alack, I've signed up and downloaded Google Chrome, but do not seem to be able to get a photo to transfer from photobucket to my build thread.

Hi Kai,

Ya, invasion stripes are way cool.  As soon as I get things sorted out for posting picks, I'm getting close to being able to spray paint on the outer surface.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Yay!!

Okay.  Assuming that when I post this post, there will be pictures of the upper surface and lower surface of my Mosquito!

The engine nacelles are ready to glue on, but I have to finish paint the various lines on the wheel well "ceilings".

Hopefully tomorrow night.  Today, it's off to hockey to have puck shot at me!  LOL

006.jpg

Hi

I'll follow this one too. Thanks for sharing!

got a question: are the parts of a good casting? I'm talking about flashes and so on...or does it looks like Revell took some attention and time to refresh the moulds?

Thanks

raf

Hi Raf

Thanks for looking!

With regard to the castings, if you've seen earlier releases of this kit then you would be looking at the same thing.

There's a certain amount flash, but my copy had no warps in the wings which is always nice to avoid.

The new decals are quite nice, especially the decal for the instrument panel.

I hope to post some further progress shots some time tomorrow.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Thanks Anthony,

Sorry for the delay in response.  I've managed to get busy, so couldn't get back to the computer except for a few quick looks at things other than modelling.

I have however managed to get one engine nacelle and the tailwheel glued in place, so this evening if I can get my camera out and can negotiate photobucket again (I'm not sure how I did the transfer from photobucket of the last two pictures I posted!LOL) there should be a couple more shots tonight. 

Talk to you soon,

Ted

The tail wheel came out a little fuzzy, but hopefully gets the point across.

Here's a couple of shots of the engine nacelles that are at long last glued to the wings.

The one side didn't fit as well as the other, but that was my fault for not fiddling, filing and test fitting before gluing.

nacelle.jpg

nacelle2.jpg

The last two shots for the night and then it's time to take the tape off so that I can paint the interior.

nacelleabove.jpg

Hopefully more tomorrow.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Edited by Ted Barrett

Thanks Kev,

There will be puttying/sanding work to be done around the nacelles, but that's on me for not being more careful (and patient) when getting them glued in place.

Oh well, that's part of the modelling process.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Looks great! I too have two of these babies in the stash along with a crap ton of Paragon AM...................I just keep hearing about how nice the new Mossie from HK is, and about the continual rumors of a Tamiya Mossie (likely JUST that) so Ive always put mine on delay.............

You are doing this one real justice!  Looking forward to more updates

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks Out2gtcha,

I haven't done much modelling in a long time and I'm keeping this one pretty simple.

All of the painting so far has just been by brush. I don't imagine I'll start up my compressor until the outside is ready for priming.

I've actually got three more of these old Revell kits and I may just do one right after the other just to use them up.

They'll all look somewhat different as I have an old vac conversion to change one into the Tse Tse version, and the other two I've already started converting - one into the long-winged high altitude variant that was supposed to chase the Junkers Ju 86P around, and the other into the prototype.

Anyway, I should get back to my paintbrush.  The interior awaits me.

Talk to you soon,

Ted